• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BACKGROUNDING DID'T PAY THIS YEAR

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BACKGROUNDING DID'T PAY THIS YEAR

SHOULDA,COULDA, WOULDA !!!!GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE, THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE .

It amazed me that with the drought, prices weren't rock bottom in the fall to pay for expensive feed. Quite the opposite. Most people started losing money on feeding them once into January.

Glad I shipped majority of my calves last fall. I probably won't get even close to the same price for my yearlings this spring as I did for my calves.

Comment

I know we're glad we didn't buy our usual couple of hundred steers last fall. Every time Hubby meets our buyer at the auction mart, the first thing the buyer says is "It's sure a good thing you didn't buy calves."

Whew....

Comment

I feel your pain DLuther...I fed my strs to gain an extra half pound a day so they would be good solid 8 weights for April...still feeding them same ration.I changed the diet some time ago for the hfrs as they will go to grass till Aug.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...