• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age verification

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age verification

So I take some calves to the local auction, unload them, hand the weigh person the manifest....and I'm good to go. Jump back into the truck and there sitting on the seat is the sheets I printed out of the age verification...so I trot them back to the scale room and say here's the age verification stuff. The guy says "Yea okay, thanks".
    What is with that? Last year you either had the AV papers or you didn't unload? Seems like now they couldn't care less?

Well he probably obviously could see that you were old enough to drive. duhhhh!

Comment

It's about getting what u pay for. No premium to
      do it .....no problem we won't.

Comment

Wonder why asrg,is the fad dying of a slow death. Can only hope so , tried of putting that tag in myself.

Comment

soon forage "soon". One more year and maybe just maybe it will be buried like the Long Rifle Gun Registry.

Comment

No chance - will never happen.

Comment

Locally, not many AV the calves. But there is a price to pay for not AVing the cows.

Comment

I tend to agree with GF on this one. Never is a strong word, but I think the tags are here to stay. I think I
                prefer the industry CCIA type solution (politics aside) rather than a governmental CFIA one.
                Tags may evolve as we move forward but I don't think we are getting out from under tagging.
                Age verification may disappear but the reality is it takes about 2 minutes to age verify a group of tags by
                calving start date and additional cost is slim to none.
                Some of the issue is marketing. We may complain about lack of premiums, but often do not go in search of them -
                read as - we generally suck at marketing.
                I am not in favor of mandatory AV, but that may just be me wanting to enjoy the premium (lack of discount). I
                think we are short enough of calves in this market at the moment that every calf is being treated relatively
                equally.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...