• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 months?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know wonder most farmers don't know if they should laught or cry. Mexican's open boarder (same as US)
    -boneless bovine meat from cows under 30 months of age. ( the very best heifer that is only a cow for 6 months tops.)
    -boneless veal meat from cows nine months of age or younger at slaughter
    I didn't make a mistake in my reading that is what it says, right on the goverment agr. line for updates.
    If the Mexican still do not what our beef, way make a statement at all. Cow under 9 months old GIVE ME A BREAK!

Comment

jensend Sorry for not having replied sooner. And this may sound like a bit of a cop out. We will soon be making a puplic announcement telling of the tools available. Let me suffice for now to say that we have in hand a PDA that can read RFID tags directly into a cow calf program for calving, weaning and health records. The data will give you the oportunity over time to market your beef based on merrit and/or traits. Buy the way these RFID tags that we'll be seeing soon are what's called a passive instrament. They can do nothing in and of themselves. The antenna sends out a radio wave that powers up the tag. When a prescribed amount of power is absorbed it fires back with a unigue 15 digit number. that is basically the serial # of that animal. Software (data base) is now in hand to collect production information. From that production decisions can be made. "Stand by for NEWS".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...