• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licking Snow

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be concerned about calves getting knocked in upside down in those tire waters.......

what kind of a price tag on the Ritchie waterers?

Comment

Run an electric Wire [or wires ] across top of tire trough .Stops all crowding
      and pushing .Also stops cattle from drinking down too low and damaging or
      freezing float .

Comment

Dogpatch you have a valid concern. The water trough that was orginally on this place was a death trap. Steel 4ft x 8ft with a wood burning 20 inch pipe in the middle. Made a bad decision to split the trough so two pens could water from each side, lost a 2 year old heifer after an older cow lifted her from behind between the legs head first into trough, even though I was right there I still lost the heifer. Trough was removed the next day.
        Never seen this rubber tire one,rather than put electric wire arround could it fit inside a steel round bale feeder?

Comment

The above statement should have read eye bolts not u bolts , these night shifts are catching up me.

Comment

I sure like the two frost-free nose pumps we have.
            Once the cows get used to them they work great. Bit
            of a cost/pain to install initially but no electricity
            needed and they look well enough built to last for a
            very long time. That's in a pasture situation of course
            as our cows don't live in the corrals. I guess you can
            use them in a corral setting with piped water too if
            you wanted to.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...