• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Canadian cow herd expand or contract

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they want Canadian beef all they need to do is pick
    up the phone to Mr Cargill or Mr Batista and set up a
    deal. Doesn't need any Government trade deal or CCA
    mission to China to secure market access.
    I suspect in reality the biggest problem would be
    price. I know from my own few Chinese beef
    customers they are very price sensitive.
    If they want to buy land here and raise cattle on it,
    sending the beef to China we have to be careful. No
    problem if they come as individual business
    immigrants but if they come as a front for the
    communist state Government it's different.

Comment

I agree with that completely grassfarmer.

Harper needs to cancel the CNOOC deal.

Comment

Why would Harper cancel the CNOOC deal? State owned companies own a good chunk of the oilsands already?

The fact is no one will buy the Nexen oil sand project because it is a dog....it has practically bankrupted Nexen.......just be glad someone will buy it!

I don't have a problem with China buying up farmland here....their money spends as good as anyones!

Comment

Nexxen is not so much about acquiring assets as it is about acquiring technology. Check into it boys. Shale up the ying yang in China and Nexxen has technology to mine it. LNG is cheap, technology expensive.

I love the fear of China shit. What do we do --- deal with even more Americans?

If you do the math and include numbers like 6 times the population of the USA there is far more capitalism going on in China than in the good old USA.

And that does not include the commucapitalist system that favors multinational companies in our darling country to the south of our 49th.

Should we fear these state owned companies in China or companies that direct government in the USA--- which is better?

Maybe no fear at all? Maybe let's just do some concious, aware business and quit being scared. We have lots of indsutry groups and governments of our own to look after that shtuff.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...