• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess I was 100% Wrong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I was 100% Wrong

How to put professional spin on something that is so wrong. Here is a press release that was issued after the passing of Bill 2. Do you want to puke now or later. Read on and get a lesson on how to just say one thing and mean the opposite. Just realized that I was completely wrong on my interpretation of Bill 2, and that mr.hughes is completely right. I well let you be the jjudge.

November 22, 2012
    Albertans to benefit from new energy regulator
    Responsible Energy Development Act passes
    Edmonton... The Government of Alberta is protecting the participation rights of landowners, while ensuring that industry has a more efficient and effective regulatory process. The Responsible Energy Development Act will create a single regulator for oil, gas, oil sands and coal development in the province.

This legislation is the result of years of consulting with Albertans and acts on recommendations the Regulatory Enhancement Task Force made two years ago.
    “The Responsible Energy Development Act achieves the right balance - it improves the participation rights of landowners, it provides regulatory certainty for energy companies and it upholds our long-standing commitment to the environment,” says Energy Minister Ken Hughes. “The single regulatory approach is something this province needs and this is the right time; the result will be a benefit to Alberta’s economy and to Canada’s economy.”

During debate, Hughes proposed amendments that would strengthen the bill and further protect landowner rights. The Legislature endorsed those amendments, which include:
    •Strengthening landowner rights by ensuring the regulatory agency takes their interests into consideration when an application is made;
    •Requiring the regulatory agency to give public notice for all project applications it receives;
    •Adding the ability for any person who believes they are directly and adversely affected by an application to file a statement of concern with the regulator; and
    •Clarity around the appeal mechanism that is in place, to support fair decision-making.
    “We are proud of this piece of legislation but we know there is more work to do,” says Hughes. “We will be consulting with Albertans in the new year as we develop the regulations. I made a commitment when we debated this legislation that this consultation would occur and that involvement from Albertans and industry is essential.” The legislation authorizes the new Alberta Energy Regulator to assume the regulatory functions of the Energy Resources Conservation Board and Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development with respect to oil, gas, oil sands and coal development. The arm’s-length body will be governed by a board of directors with a chief executive officer at the helm. A transparent and accountable appeals process will be established, and hearings will be conducted by independent hearing commissioners overseeing the process.
    Albertans will retain access to the courts.

The Alberta Energy Regulator is expected to be operational by June 2013.

Ken Hughes is pretty smooth without a doubt! He could sell ice to the eskimos!
    Time will tell if your average rural landowner will be slickered?

In reality people won't figure it out until they personally get screwed.

Personally I'm putting my efforts into making sure the Wildrose understand very clearly that when they are elected we expect, either meaningful amendments or a complete overhaul of this garbage.

To do that, first of all they need to form government.....so I'm putting my efforts into ensuring that happens! I have absolutely zero faith that any Progressive Conservative government will ever stand up and protect our rights.....they have sold out 100% to big oil.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...