• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSGA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSGA

Did not make it today. Wound up finding
    and pre-vaccing calves before winter sets
    in this week. Just wondered how it went
    and if there was some interesting
    discussion (I am sure there was).

Sending in my membership dues this morning after that meeting. There were very few people at that meeting pulling slivers out of their ass for sitting on the fence. Unlike ABP/CCA when it comes to doing any kind of business that is not in line with their current multinational beef control master plan.

However --- I hear changes are a coming over at ABP/CCA...LOL New elections--- haven't you heard?

Comment

It was a productive meeting that concentrated on what the industry needs to look like going forward past this acute situation. We are looking at some sort of producer type meeting somewhere in central Alberta to continue to flesh out what that should look like. Certainly we are supportive of any and all initiatives that diversify the packing sector and how we can create an environment were various smaller packers can thrive spreading out our risk. Randy was kind enough to present his ideas which we are supportive of as well as others. Our board continues to be idealist and many of us have participated in some of the past less than successful initiatives. We are committed to keep trying to find and put together the puzzle pieces. We are also interested in accountability and as the crisis passes we are asking for some sort of investigation to find out were the failure happened. I suspect there were multiple balls dropped. Hard to make sure it never happens again if we ignore what happened.

Comment

I heard Alison says no investigation. Nothing will
        be learned from this episode.

Comment

Nothing will be learned if we don't have a look that is for sure. The bright side is that the Premier often changes her mind. Irregardless, most of what needs to be looked at is under federal jurisdiction.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...