• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real article - Who lost Lakeside - XL Foods or the CFIA?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidence is acceptable evidence, Iain. It goes with the critical analysis training that is an integral part of my job. You cannot expect me to divorce myself from who and what I am to suit your tastes anymore than I would expect that of you.

Just want to remind you and everyone (including myself) of the dangers of mistaking your own opinions for fact. You in particular seem to need that reminder from time to time, not that I expect it will have much practical effect.

Comment

Cameron, there are still miracles . . .

Comment

The ways things are going, what will change?
        Ritz says no inquiry. Redford says no inquiry.Everything is fine. Cook your beef. Let the good times roll.

XL will be up and running in a couple of days. With a cleaner plant....and a beef wash that actually works....but at the end of the day nobody knows what happened, nobody in government acknowledges that the CFIA dropped the ball...big time?
        No big deal right? People will quickly forget and be back buying the same old meat! It will cost a little more to pay for what went in the tank....maybe just enough to make the housewife move down the meat aisle to the chicken!

Who is held accountable for this screwup? No one?
        Are the CFIA inspectors? Did they lose a paycheck? Gerry Ritz...did he get demoted....or even chewed out by his pal Harper?

So who paid? The workers lost a couple of days pay. The cattle feeders had their price knocked back a few cents. The cow guy got hit a few bucks on cull cows. The consumer has to pay a bit more. The industry got a black eye. Nilssons got some bad press and in the end their reputation might be so tarnished they will have to close the doors....if that happens we will all pay a heavy price!
        Thank you useless government!

Comment

Well said.

Comment

For what it's worth, I plan to keep working on it no
            matter what the fate of the plant turns out to be.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...