• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Article On Ecoli in the Edmonton Sun

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Article On Ecoli in the Edmonton Sun

Graham Hicks wrote a good article in the Edmonton Sun about how this mess at Brooks doesn't really register in Northern Alberta?
    He says northern Alberta farmers don't feed fat cattle to any great degree and although they have a lot of cow/calf operations they really don't care all that much because most are involved in the oil patch anyway. The cows are basically just a poor sideline!
    In the last Alberta election you could almost draw a line across the rural areas of this province? The south went solid Wildrose over property rights....the north stayed with the Progressive Conservatives? Talking to a couple of guys from areas around Edmonton after the election (wondering how any landowner would vote for the land thieves)they told me so many farmers there were on the oil company payroll, they would sell their souls to keep their jobs! They percieved property rights as something that would harm the oil companies....and therefore their jobs!
    Now over the years I've made a few bucks off the oil and gas industry, but I'm sure glad I never became their slave!

Its probably true; I may also add that after voting for conservatives for the last 40 years, people find it hard to change. If dad did it, then they do it. Lets face it, most people are quite uninformed on the issues, and their wives need them to work the oilpatch so they can put in the granite countertops... I voted for wr last election due to property rights and the possiblility of ridding alberta of corruption and to audit the books. Unfotunately I am afraid they will be in bed with the oil companies themselves as soon as they are in power. (the wr still wants to give our resources away to the oil companies as fast as they can with no support for an increase in value added infrastructure)

Comment

nicolaas: Without a doubt WRP is pretty pro oil....as they should be....it is our major industry...it pays the bills!
      The more "progressive companies" realize the industry is composed of three components: the landowner, the company, and the government? If two are colaborating to screw the other one, sooner or later there are going to be problems? There needs to be checks and balances?
      When a government totally ignores the "rule of law" so their cronies can rip off the landowners "Bill 24-CCS bill" and "Bill 36-Land Stewardship Law", we understand very clearly that the world has changed?
      Would the WRP be any different? I believe because they are a "grassroots party" with recall and policy decided from the bottom up.....that yes indeed they would be very different?
      People like Danielle Smith, who was the chair of APRI (Alberta Property Rights Initiative) and Rob Anderson (who really gets the "rule of law") are clear examples of how a WRP government will indeed respect property rights...unlike UN lawyer Alison Redford!
      The difference between WRP and the PC is like night and day.....one is run by the big corporations....the other by the grassroots.
      The constitution of the WRP doesn't allow the oil companies (or the UN) to EVER call the shots.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...