• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess it's time for another Agstability rant...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's time for another Agstability rant...

Just got off the phone with the Agstability/Aginvest/Aggravation program people.

Unbelievable!

I called them to see why they forgot to send us our 2008 Agrinvest statement. Yes, I said 2008. They didn't forget, THEY HAVEN'T SENT IT OUT YET! This is two years old for Pete's sake. I could not believe what I was hearing. She had no idea when it would be sent, and for sure no idea about 2009.

And the administration costs on this program are what????

But that was only the beginning. While I had her on the phone, I asked what the progress was on our 2009 Agristability application. No progress. What a surprise. After all, they've only had it for three months now. She said to wait at least a month before I check back on the website to see if they've opened it up yet.

Here's the real kicker. Apparently not one single 2009 Agstability file has been completed so far.

I repeat. NOT ONE.

This is July. They probably have applications sitting there from February, and those early ones very likely belong to people who filed early because they needed the money. And they still sit and wait with no idea of what will happen when it's finally done.

And the administration costs on this program are what????

This is just ridiculous. It really gives me a bad feeling when I think of just how desperately people are looking for emergency help from all the flooded farmland and unseeded crops. How can anyone expect emergency help to come within a reasonable time frame when ongoing programs that already have staff and procedures set up cannot be done in less than a couple of years?

You look at the news and see all that farmland under water in Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba, and then see the politicians talking up all the help that's coming, and you really have to wonder when it will ever show up.

Kato the sad part of this is that urban
    folk think this program is the great white
    hope for the agriculture industry.

Sounds to me like someone needs to get the
    ear of Ag friendly media.

Comment

LOL..."we are not supposed to farm our
      mailbox" in the words of G. Ritz on my
      news last night. and besides AGRIRECOVERY
      will solve all of the problems that
      AGRISTABILITY may have overlooked.
      Or a better option would be for government
      to get serious about agriculture and
      actually trying to win votes through
      accountability (wishful thinking)...

Comment

Problem is they don't need to earn the votes Sean, it's easy to see that rural voters will elect whoever or whatever is wearing a blue suit. We reap what we sow.

Kato I'm surprised you have trouble getting the notices sent out - we have no problem with them - and the program invoices. I was trying to help them "beat the rush" this year by sending my 2009 completed forms in April rather than September. They were received but are sitting there still unlooked as far as I can tell.

Comment

Call them and pester them. They are working for you and you might be surprised what a kind (or salesman like)LOL voice looking for the good in a government employee can accomplish. Got mine in right after taxes and already received my "you don't qualify for benefits" letter. However, the gal asked a few questions about last years application and I got a bump up for 2008.. Whooppee.

Comment

Randy, you may have gotten the only letter. I sent mine in at the same time, and she told me not to even check back for at least three or four weeks. Even a you do not qualify letter is better than nothing, because at least then you know what's going on.

The girl I talked to didn't know about any completed applications. Maybe they get processed in a different office? Ours are done in Winnipeg, and the girl I talked to sounded as frustrated as I was.

Comment

I've been on about this for a while and on them too, ask them if you'll get a 20 percent interest for late payments like they threaten us with on the agristability deadline.
              This is not acceptable and I am glad others are becoming more and more aware, we have deadlines yet they have none. Interest rates aren't great but they are better than 0.In my world I pay my bills and meet commitments has anyone asked Minister Ritz what world his dept. is in?
              Surprised none of the farm media or others has picked up on this .

Comment

My 2009 is done and in the filing cabinet. I told them I needed it do to get my calf advance.(Kind of true) I just called them everytime I checked the cows this spring when we were calving, you know 4 or 5 times a day. If they tell you not to call for a month have you wife phone them, then you phone them and tell the "the wife said you said" Unfortunately since we had lots of bales & grain last dec 31 we got nothing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...