• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apologies to Grassfarmer from ABP Promotion Manager

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies to Grassfarmer from ABP Promotion Manager

ABP's Communication Manager kindly forwarded your message to me regarding your extreme unhappiness about my article in the Grass Routes. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for having offended your sense of pride and for making you think that my article was intended to talk down to you. That was certainly not my goal in writing the piece. Given that beef producers seem inundated with serious, mostly depressing news about the industry, I thought it would be okay to try to add a small amount of fun to our publication by including stories with segues to what we are doing in promotions. If you as a reader and beef producer did not see this article as being very much fun that can only mean one thing - that the writing was poorly done. And for that I can offer no excuse. You are, after all my employer, your checkoff dollars pay my wages and, in your eyes, I fell down on the job. I'm sorry for that and will definitely try to do better in the future. If you would like to talk to me in person about this matter, I can be reached at (403) 275-4400.
    Respectfully submitted,
    Barb Sweetland

Thank you for that Barb, I don't think your article was badly written I just think it was inappropriate to be the cover article on what should be a serious industry publication. I'm all for including a little humor but perhaps it should be limited to a smaller piece inside the publication given the important issues to hand?
    I appreciate also the realisation you have that beef producers through their checkoff dollars are your employer - in my experience that realisation does not apply to all ABP personnel.

As we seem to be on a roll here Lori how about forwarding some comments i'll make on a new post regarding Mr Butters letter to him and see if he responds?

Comment

Grassfarmer - thank you for the response to Barb. She is well and truly a professional with only the best of intentions of making this industry a better one for everyone. As Promotions Manager, she works extremely hard at putting out an image to consumers (and producers) of a safe and high quality product (Raisedright.ca for example). I will be sure to forward your comments to her...as well as the letter you wrote to Erik. Will you be attending your local fall producer meeting this year?

Comment

Yes, I fully intend to be at my local meeting. On that topic i'd like to suggest that it be held in Rimbey rather than Breton as it would be in an area of greater cattle numbers and thus would ensure a much larger crowd.

Comment

I am no sure if ZOne 6 has set their meeting dates and locations yet....I would suggest you give Greg Bowie a call and make that suggestion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...