• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democrats Vow to Reopen NAFTA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Rasmussen Polling:
    Just 16% of Likely Democratic Primary Voters believe the North American Free Trade Agreement—NAFTA—is good for America. Fifty-five percent (55%) say the trade agreement negotiated by the Clinton Administration is bad for the nation.
    ----------------------

I think the last nationwide polls I saw- showed that the majority of the folks in the country (something like 53%)- both Repub and Dem- felt that NAFTA has been bad for the country and feel it should be repealed and/or renegotiated....It was written by and for the profiteering of the major multinational corporates (oil, Agrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Packing, etc., etc. )- and at the expense of US working man, small business, and economy....

Also many in Mexico feel the same, as the general populace did not gain from it as they were promised - just the rich elitist few that run that country and control all industry....

And it could happen- if like it appears now, Democrats will win the White House and control Congress- since NAFTA was never ratified as a treaty by 2/3 majority of the Senate (as required by the Constitution for treaty's)- it simply is a Presidential (Clinton) agreement that probably could be repealed by Executive Order of the President- or just a majority vote of Congress and the Presidents signature......

Comment

I have new-found respect for Senator McCain.He said he would honour the NAFTA agreement with Canada because it was a SOLEM agreement entered into with Canada;our great ally!

Comment

He needs Canada as a place to ship more illegal Mexicans north to....

Comment

Well at least it seems the Senator and I,at least,have respect for our northern neighbors.

Comment

Oh I have all the respect/admiration in the world for our Canadian neighbors...
            What I can't stand is the rules and laws that were enacted by and for the profiteering of the Big Corporate Multinational industries (Oil, Agchemical, Pharmaceutical, Packing) at the expense of the working man, small business, and the economy of the country...
            Especially since Billy Clinton/lobbyists/bought out politicians slid NAFTA thru without proper ratification as called for by the Constitution...

But if McCain gets in there, we won't have anything to worry about- he'll have us bomb, bomb, bombing Iran- Canada brought in with us in a World War, and then will be able to fast track the neocons proposed North American Union thru...He's a second George Bush-only 25 years older-with one foot in the grave and the second on a banana peel- just craving to get his finger on the nuclear button....God help us if he slips....

Comment

We are in the middle of a Provincial election up here as well and I see some things along the same lines as Old Willowcreek.

Our problems are not Canada vs. the USA but family farms vs. global agriculture.

As with anything including our current election - there are things about both sides that attract me. I guess you could say that is what attracts me to Oldtimer. (wink)

I certainly agree that furthering the Republican war agenda in the good old USA would be considered a historic mistake. It's going to be a bad enough story for all of our children to remember in the first place.

Have a great day all. I know I will now that I have ridded my personal self of the dead dog that I was draggin along behind me on that piece of twine. Gotta now what I mean hay farmers_son. Hows things at the dead dog office these days?

Oh yes, the things that attract me to ABP are still the dedicated souls who put effort in to the cows and fish program and all those little things that that organisation handles well.

Randy

Comment

I'm going to throw out a personal opinion that farmer_son can once again call me irresponsible for.

Piss on NAFTA. Who the hell has NAFTA benefited other than global multinational companies who could give a rats ass about a Canadian or an American or a Mexican.

And besides that -why on earth would Canada be afraid of renegotiating anything with good old Uncle Sam. Only scaredy cats like old farmers_son who want to kiss Uncle Sams ass so that he keeps draining us of our natural resources (ie. Live cattle batman) are afraid to open up any new trade negotiations.

Hope you know I still like you batman.................

Comment

It seems as if your and my views on NAFTA are pretty much the same.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...