• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of A&W

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of A&W

I've been seeing some of our industry responses to the A&W ads, and I'm thinking they are missing the big picture here. What I've seen so far is statements about how implants and such are not a health risk, and even how their use means cattle spend less time on feed, use less grain, and have a smaller environmental footprint as a result.

Huh???? What kind of a response is that?

We all know that a bowl of coleslaw contains more estrogen than a steak, to say nothing of what that old glass of soy milk contains. That's not the point.

The point is that beef is becoming synonymous with additives, implants, antibiotics and even steroids. Ads put out by President's choice even brag about how their pork is not raised with added hormones, while in the teeny tiny print at the bottom of the screen, it says that NO pork is raised with hormones. The hormone free statement here is not about the pork. It's only there to put a slur on the reputation of beef. No other reason. Consumers don't look into the backgrounds of such statements, but they will assume that all beef is less safe than all pork. We know that couldn't be farther from the truth. Especially anyone who's ever been in a big hog or chicken barn.

A picture is being planted in consumers minds that beef is somehow a poorer choice as a food source. Rather than listen to consumers, whether we agree with them or not, we insist on telling them they have no right to have a preference as to how the beef they eat is raised. The most successful businesses over the years have always been the ones who listened to their customers. Not the ones who dictated to their customers.

Quite frankly, IMHO, ignoring consumer preferences because we don't "agree" with them is going down the wrong road. What's the point of being right, if it means your product is the third or fourth choice of shoppers at the grocery store. Are the implants making enough extra money to offset the loss of beef consumption? Would we be farther ahead to just ban the darn things,especially with this new Eu trade deal?

I'm just tired of having beef portrayed so poorly in the media. I fear it will only get worse as time goes by.

In the meantime, there will still be no implants on this farm.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...