• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Producer owned Value Chain and Packing plant

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Producer owned Value Chain and Packing plant

Gotta come clean in the good old confessional here on agriville and admit that yes --- Randy Kaiser was working for One Earth Farms. That was until about a week ago when I got fired. LOL First time I have been fired from a job in 52 years of life.

Fire away boys and girls - call me a hypocrite.

I thought that I could work within their system to move along with a packing plant idea and learned well enough that the only way I believe we will see substantial change in this industry will be through producer ownership and involvement in the entire chain on a much larger scale.

Therefore - back to annoying my friend Christoph - LOL - with a continued call for producer ownership. Obviously this will still take a stakeholder or two outside of the government and a conscious plan to not only include and pay producers for their efforts. But also include an option for consumers beyond the quasi American conventional beef program that we keep trying to force down the gullets of Americans who don't really want or need our beef.

Gotta say thank you to One Earth / Beretta as well as Prarie Heritage and
    even the Spring Creek folks for all the education I received over the past 4 months. Education that was obviously necessary as we move closer to our goal of an plant and value chain option for all Canadian producers as well as discerning customers waiting and asking constantly for a unique Canadian Beef product.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...