• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

chaff collection

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blackjack
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2004
    • 798

    #11
    Can a guy combine other types of crops...canola wheat

    Comment

    • grassfarmer
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2002
      • 9734

      #12
      I can see machine price being the biggest issue for cattle producers - not too many cattle outfits running grain in my area that would spend that much on a combine.
      I wouldn't want to feed direct from a static pile all winter though - poor manure distribution would be costly.

      I'm feeding some beautiful oat straw just now. It was a huge crop so a thick row coming out of the combine which held all the chaff and fines. It tested 5.36% protein, 54.76TDN which will be as good as a lot of hay made in the Province this year. At $20 a bale delivered in it's a pretty cheap ration ingredient.
      Speaking of feed analysis I see some 2nd cut alfalfa/brome hay advertised over on the AB Ag website with 15% protein and TDN 81%. I have never seen hay testing as high on TDN. The seller is a good guy to deal with if anyone needs some hay. It's at Donalda.

      Comment

      • chaffman
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 7

        #13
        The harvester can combine all types of grain same as a normal combine, their biggest additions to the expense side is silage endgates and a hopper bottom surge bin. As for price of machine, not much more than a new baler.

        Comment

        • Braveheart
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2001
          • 3257

          #14
          There are 3 Macloed Harvesters for sale at Cartwright MB. Two are new and I'm sure can be had for a very attractive price. Call Murray Mullin 204-529-2443.

          Comment

          • Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...