• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPSR Acres

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPSR Acres

Charlie I am trying to get a handle on CPSR acres in Western Canada. The board PRO is low and I am wondering what percent of this years wheat acres is CPSR. In our area we are down 15% east of Calgary.

Do you have any acreage numbers?

From the June Statscan acreage estimate, Alberta farmers seeded 800,000 to CPS this last spring, down from 900,000 acres in 2000 (11%). The western Canadian numbers are 1.2 MMT verus 1.44 in 2000. No production numbers in todays statistics Canada report.

My thoughts are very little CPS will get delivered to the CWB (API Red Deers CWB needs as for the product they sell as human food/an extremely small export program). The remainder will get fed here in Alberta.

Others comments

Comment

error alert error alert. That should have been 1.2 mln acres - not 1.2 MMT

Comment

I assumme the 1.44 is acres as well. what was the yield last year do you know?

Thanks

Rain

Comment

That was 1.44 mln acres.

Hopefully the following helps.

Average Alberta CPS yield 2000 - 56 bu/acre versus ten year trend yields of 56 bu/acre and a 10 year simple average of 51 bu/acre (no breakdown red and white yields).

Average yield all spring wheats 2000 (Alberta again) - 41 bu/acre versus 10 year trend yield of 42 and 10 year simple average of 38. The Alberta average for all wheat in 2001 (Statcan) 34.9 bu/acre or down about 15 % from last year/trend.

Assuming CPS wheat in Alberta is down a similar amount, CPS yields would be 48 bu/acre. This would likely be the lower end given CPS wheat is grown in the north/areas less impacted by drought. Hopefully this helps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...