• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulse Crop Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulse Crop Prices

What are people being offered for peas? Most common feed pea bids that I am hearing are in the $4 to $4.25/bu elevator and $4.25 to $4.50/bu feedmill. At least one grain company seems to be in the $4.75 to $5/bu range for feed peas. Edible market seems to be mostly in the $5.25 to $5.60/bu range (greens most likely at the top end) but I have had some indication of bids closer to $6 (uncomfirmed).

How are people approaching the pea market. What factors are you watching in your decision?

Charlie,

East of Edmonton Elevator feed peas still were quoted at $4.50/bu last week.

I really think that the market is weak, (Elevator Co's getting very nervious)and with the drop in beans and canola how long can these prices continue?

Human consumption on the other hand can stay strong for a while longer?

Comment

In the past few year pea traders have been able to procure peas easily from farmers with slight price increases because there have been so much around. I think now that the peas are in the bin, we may see a little bit of tightening up on the supply side because of much lower than average yields. Unfortunately the demand side is a lot harder to predict. $5.75 is my next sell target for human yellows.

My harvest is now 1/2 done with the peas, canola and most of the barley done. The Edmonton area is still maybe 1/2 done.

Comment

Hit my target price and then some. Sold yellow peas for first week November delivery for $5.90. I see feed barley starting to move again and Chicago wheat broke out higher. Just need some movement in Minneapolis and canola and I'll be set. Still have 250 acres of wheat to go, but got some unwanted rain yesterday.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.