• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series A delivery calls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series A delivery calls

Check out www.cwb.ca under grain movement/delivery update for an update on delivery calls. This lists all the delivery calls in effect. There were announcements today of 25% calls on:

1CWRS 13.5 & higher,
    1CWRS 13.4 & lower
    1&2 CPSR
    1&2 CPSW
    1&2 CWES 12.5 higher and lower
    1&2 CWRW
    1,2 (9.9 and lower) and 3 CWSWS, and
    CW feed

These calls are effective on all train runs.

Thanks Tom. Just a note this is an early call under the "A" series (deadline Oct. 31). There is no acreage based quota this year so this represents your first delivery opportunity.

Any thoughts on how much farm managers should be contracting on this series? What are your plans? Will there be differences by wheat class/grade? How will you be handling grain deliveries for wheat forward priced under the CWB fixed price contracts? Any early thoughts on CWB basis contracts and how they should be handled in the current price environment?

Comment

thalpenny, it's about time! Cash flow on the prairies right now is as scarce as rain in Southern Alberta.

The announcement of these delivery calls is an opportunity to raise some disturbing developments in grain handling. It seems that since the so called "agreement" between the WGEA and the CWB, the grain co's have, in many cases, eliminated the sharing of incentives with farmers. As well, the grain co's are not accepting board grains until they have firm commitments of shipping orders. This is as it should be, but why issue calls without orders to go with them (storage perhaps)?

Non boards, canola, flax, oats, and feed barley, are moving at a steady pace, and competition between companies while not robust, is still relatively brisk.

Although early, it would appear that the agreement forced upon the industry seems to have created a non competitive environment for board grains.

So, when the wheat board discovers that it can't force competition into the system, is it prepared to re-negotiate a new agreement?

Regards,

Braveheart

Comment

Braveheart,

Good to see you back on line!!!

Good points, If I didn't have condos I could not deliver either.

By the way, I can't refill my condos after I deliver, no shipping I am told.

I am told the CWB is in CWRS protein heaven, why, didn't the spreads between 12.5 and 14.5 narrow when the CWB has way more 15.5 to sell than it can possibly have markets for, I am told!!!

Could this be one of the reasons the PRO dropped so much, cause the CWB is planning to overpay high protein and take it from the lower protein grades???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...