• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we like these farm chat sites?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we like these farm chat sites?

Does any other group work all day at their job, and then come home and go to a website(s) and talk to other people in the same line of work. Most farmers would just as soon talk "Farm" with other members of there trade as anything, Granted we have other interests we enjoy, might be fishing, motorcycles, cars, politics etc.....but it usually comes back to farm talk. Do doctors, lawyers, TV repairmen, others have sites like NAT, Redpower, YT and all the other farm orientated sites.

I think most everyone knows, that in this day and age, it is a business first, but it is a way of life too.

Any other occupation like this one?

The military folks talk endlessly about guns and ammo and body armor etc. on sites like this.

Comment

My dad used to say he learned a lot of things when in the local pub. Don't think I can ditto that for today, spend too much time in the pub and your a basically a loser these days. Online is where it is at. Can check this site while making supper, or before bed, while taking care of the kids and open multiple windows so as to multi task, so this site only take a fraction of ones time. Do learn a lot from here. We are mostly farmers or have careers in the farming industry. Why not chat. Ask questions. Bitch about something haha.

Comment

I don't have disrespect for my father in his different ways as I have learned very much from him. In his time farmers got together in the local pub and talked farming that is where they chatted and related. Especially when it rained and shut everyone down. Just was late for a few suppers hahaha. Things have really changed in the last 20 years which is a whole another topic.

Comment

When a person has an idea or thought its easier to say it in a forum under a user name then stand up infront of people. We all fear of been called stupid or having an idea you feel strong about cut down.

I think we should be able to stand up and voice your ideas. large companies do it Do you think Microsoft got huge on chatting in forums. I enjoy sitting with guys and hearing all ideas they have. They may not be stupid at all and manke a huge difference.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...