• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alert on Oats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert on Oats

Just a note to highlight oat prices continue their trek higher inspite of declines in other markets. This can't carry on for ever. This is a good opportunity to shop the market and sell some (I would be aggressive with 50 % a minimum if you haven't done any selling yet).

Calgary region oats still bid $2.45

Comment

Lethbridge area oats were bid over $2.60 per bushel for min. 40 lbs, 96% sound, dry, clean, with good sampling ahead of approval. Some of these oats are headed for the US and some were for a local feedmill. Producer carries risk if bin not probed by buyer and oats don't "make spec". If buyer probes bin and oats don't "make spec", buyer carries risk and producer receives full payment. Payment is on unload.

The point is that there are opportunities out there if we know they exist. I got this info in an e-mail that I get weekly from a grain broker. I think every farm manager with e-mail should be getting these kinds of notices.

Lee

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...