• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic Agriculture Production

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic Agriculture Production

Last week over 100 Agri-ville.com members answered the Question of the Week about organic agriculture production. What are some of the success stories of organic production happening in rural Canada? How are we determining market demand?

Are you interested in a more organic approach to agriculture?

42.5%... Yes
    12.3%... No
    16.0%...I don't see the economics
    17.9%... Only if the market demands it
    11.3%... It's intriguing

Thank you Vickie;

Seems that people all over the world are more interested in the natural or arganic approach. The last meat and poultry magazine had some very interesting reading that makes the natural and organic market look better and better all the time. Canada is probably the best country in the world to take on the market! Alberta probably has the best infrastructure and building infrastructure to market the products from, on a world wide base.

Suppliers and producers alike are showing increased interest in this product, look forward to more info from agri-ville the pros and cons bye for now!

Comment

I cant stand it when people relate organic farming to natural farming. Organic farming is about as far from natural as you can get. In nature there is no summerfallow, cultivators, discs and eroding soils. If we all farmed organically the huge dust storms of the 1930's would be back in short time.

Natural farming would consist of people wandering around gathering what food happens to be growing nearby.

Comment

Organic and natural are like most things in the agriculture industry, terms used to ID a product. What makes a product organic or natural has been up for grabs for as long as I can remember! However, guide lines that say this is organic or this is natural are found in many parts of the world, each with a little twist in them. My thoughts are put your process on paper and do the same thing to produce a consistant product, if you have a product the customer wants then maintain and improve in alignment with your customers desires and you have a winner!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.