• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heated Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated Canola

Yea I know it's my own fault but what can I do with it now? There is about 350 bu., some of it grey colored. Most of it is mixed with wheat and wild oats. Can it be fed to pigs or is there some way to get money out of it?

My first suggestion would be to contact C.B. Constantini in Lethbridge - phone (403)320-0006. They often buy off-grades of various crops. To do an effective job of disposing of your heated mix, first get a nutrient analysis. Buyers will bid the very lowest they can if they don't know what the nutrient analysis is - nobody likes to buy a 'pig in a poke'. Finally, the small size of your product may make it difficult to move because, unless you have a small truck of your own, it's not likely that anyone will send a truck specially to haul it. And, of course, they won't want to mix it in a larger load that is something quite different.

Comment

Hi, Glen Thomson,

Would you be interested in possibly using it for fuel?

See my recent threads about potential new large market for grains.

Does it flow, or was it heated so badly that it's caking?

I don't know whether it'll work in this guy's stove, but check out the stove and send him a message, if you might be interested.

You'd probably use somewhere in the neighbourhood of 300 bus. of wheat or rye in a year. Don't know whether canola will feed. You might have to mix it with wheat or rye. Maybe it won't work at all.

Look at www.grainstovesinc.com.

Phone Alex Gulutzen at (519) 523-9672. Tell him that Ed Baker sent you.

Hope you can use your heated canola to heat your house.

Ed Baker eddbaker@yahoo.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.