• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

farm accounting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

farm accounting

I own a small farm, I would like to start keeping track of all my expenses, using our computer, I would like to keep track of everything, the Cows, the Cavs, the horses, the machinery, all of our haying expenses, but I can't seem to find the right program, thank you for your time Billy

A friend of mine uses Settler Gold and has been very happy with it. I myself don't have it but I tryed a demo for it and was very impressed. It lets you keep track of every input and all sales in a very organized easy to use setup. It's a great program but I don't know what it's worth. I'm guessing a lot. The demos are free so it might be worth checking out.

Comment

I have a small mixed farm & have been keeping records on computer for for years. Settler is the one I have now & is working quite well. There are two ways you can go. One, get settler & use there accounts that are set up ie they have grain/livestock sales set up already.Settler keeps updating you to tax changes & NISA changes so if you are doing tax preparing for yourself settler is very good.Once you get data for a few years you can compare many years & analyze.They also have an option on doing cash or accrual accounting so you can really pick out what is making money.I have found I am still growing into the program & they are constantly updating as well keeping you current in the marketplace. The other way to go is a Quicken type program which is built for JOE homeowner out there.It is very good if you bank at a place that recognizes it because you can code things & downlaod your statement everymonth.This system takes alot to set up but is very rewarding once you got it mastered.I know some people that are using it are happy but I don't think the tax planing & updates to agriculture are there. You should check with your bank & your accountant to see what they prefer maybe somebody has done the work that your have already paid for. Hope this info is helpful Dan

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...