• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marketing my service . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marketing my service . . .

Hi, I have a specialized financial services business which is agriculturally oriented, and I am now at the phase of wondering how to announce this service to the agri-ville community if that is possible. My company is Kessel Financial Services Inc. and my website is www.kesselfinance.com. Thanks for any suggestions! Henry Van Kessel, MA, MBA, CFP Vancouver, Canada

I have been asking my financial consultant for years to start catering to farm situations more. I would let farmers know what the difference in the service you offer vs a typical one they are with. Maybe an investment room would be good to. how about an ivestment club that can chat certain days? Can you provide service on the net? Are you looking for reps/stores across the prairies? Looking forward in seeing what you come up with. Dan

Comment

Interesting points, Dan! Investments, diversification and portfolio management are only a few of the topics that could be dicussed. An on-line investment club with an agricultural focus could be pretty interesting. Anyone else have any thoughts here?

Comment

I am certainly interested in some sort of investment club. We are starting to look at investing a portion of our farm capital in off-farm investments to diversify and reduce investment risk. In the past we have focussed on diversifying our farm production, but that does not seem to be adequate anymore. I have been reading as much as I can lately, and the choices and strategies are overwhelming... so having an opportunity to discuss some of these issues with other farmers and financial wizards would be great.

Comment

One thing I am learning no one looks after your investments like you. Watch the financial wizards they have pretty hefty fees! Hopefully we can get something going here @ agriville There are tonnes of sites on the internet for info start at yahoo finance. Dan

Comment

Have you considered starting up a Venture Capital Pool? I don't know how it works, but I think that for supplying Capital to a business, an ownership in the business is obtained. Also the capital and interest would be paid back. There is a certain amount of risk, but the returns may be in line with your goals.

Comment

A venture capital pool is a very specialized function . . . with loads of attendant risk, not to mention, with considerable regulatory (read cost) requirements. I was a commodity broker for 10 years and that cured me of wanting high risks. Best wishes, Henry

Comment

Hello marclevd,

Quite a few are held out/reputed to be financial wizards.

Not nearly as many fulfill the (promise?/hope?/dream?)

ed baker, financial planner, retirement consultant, semi-retired

P.S. Know how single, non-senior taxpayer not owner of farm/business can make $30,000. per annum (Ontario situation - somewhat similar elsewhere)and pay no income tax?

Not seeking new business - not raining on this poster's parqade. EB

Comment

Great to see the interest in this subject. The comment that sticks out so clear is that no one looks after your money like you do! In my process to develop the Value Chain concept in Canada I have heard many a agriculture business man state they wish they could make their money work for them and have access to financial information that would help them! I do believe that soon we will have a strong group of participants that will not only be able to address this issue but provide information, and an array of other services that will allow the agriculture industry access to many opportunities that used to be only available to the big guys! If their success in business is directly related to your success, seems the incentive to work smarter at it increases! Go figure!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.