• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought or just a normal Canadian Spring?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never fear drought. That is what those half million dollar drills are designed for.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      [ATTACH]2915[/ATTACH]

Well look at that...

"So regardless of disease pressure or environmental conditions give your wheat and barley yields a big-time boost come harvest time."

See hobby, there's even a spray for drought!
      Wow! That’s good to know. Brilliant message they have. Basically spray it no matter what. It’s a no brainer.

Comment

F$$k this spots wet further East. More rain from last week and wetter.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
          Never fear drought. That is what those half million dollar drills are designed for.
          Haha. What drill is that we use a paralink. The packing has really helped our emergence in the dry. But no genetics or seeder will help if the crop runs out of mositure.

Comment

But even if this crop dies I'll have a roof over my head and food to eat. As long as I can keep farming I'm happy. We take for granted so much living in the West.

Comment

Just got my rain gauge set up .....

Comment

It's strange, I've quite hopping for a rain and figure it can't be much dryer than last year, who knows maybe I'll get a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                  Yea I told the old $10k Morris it was going down the road if crop didn't come up good when we started this spring , cause it was so dry . Crop coming up awesome .today first rain we've had , musta scared the shit out of it , lol
                  Been told by every expert from hell and back that double shooting doesn't work , so far have proved them wrong . Guess that's how you sell 1\2 mill drills , though?
                  You're right partners , farming is fun again , and easy . Just go out every day and seed , not driving up and down road trying to find dirt that's not to wet . Stuck, tow ropes, backhoes , etc .
                  I guess the good part is that those fancy drills have real good resale at auctions , not, ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Casered View Post
                    But even if this crop dies I'll have a roof over my head and food to eat. As long as I can keep farming I'm happy. We take for granted so much living in the West.
                    Couldn't agree more case red , we are lucky to be where we are

Comment

Good thing the research and development guys won't lose any sleep over a drought considering they got the major funding from CAP.

Comment

I guess our worthless 5710 can be used here where it rains, no diff in crops when it rains. Very low cost /acre. Oh ya caught a T- storm tonight, 1/10" to settled dust...

Comment

Run a 5000. Keeps it's own dry or wet against all the "sophisticated" units. Worst emergence I've seen was in 2015 with the expensive drills. Guys didn't feel like resetting every opener to chase moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            Yea I told the old $10k Morris it was going down the road if crop didn't come up good when we started this spring , cause it was so dry . Crop coming up awesome .today first rain we've had , musta scared the shit out of it , lol
                            Been told by every expert from hell and back that double shooting doesn't work , so far have proved them wrong . Guess that's how you sell 1\2 mill drills , though?
                            You're right partners , farming is fun again , and easy . Just go out every day and seed , not driving up and down road trying to find dirt that's not to wet . Stuck, tow ropes, backhoes , etc .
                            I guess the good part is that those fancy drills have real good resale at auctions , not, ouch
                            A lot of Farmers don't realize that 2 Ag researchers released a study showing sidebanding was the Gold standard and double shooting was the Superior seeding system. They were then Threatened with a law suit if a retraction was Not made.
                            The complaint was put forward by a company that pushes Mid row banding as the holy grail (hint they're made in St brieux)

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                              A lot of Farmers don't realize that 2 Ag researchers released a study showing sidebanding was the Gold standard and double shooting was the Superior seeding system. They were then Threatened with a law suit if a retraction was Not made.
                              The complaint was put forward by a company that pushes Mid row banding as the holy grail (hint they're made in St brieux)
                              I may be wrong here but wasn’t that PAMI researchers and wasn’t that the study that said Bourgault seed distribution was shotgun esque compared to flexicoil types? That ruffled feathers and a lawsuit was in the works before it was settled.

Comment

The eighties sucked? U were telling us a couple years ago that was how u made your fortune! Same shit different day from u. Whine whine whine. Oh it’s so dry I’m stuck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...