• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for grass or other cattle guys

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for grass or other cattle guys

Do you have a live cattle export trade in canada?

Or tryanny of distance kills it?

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Do you have a live cattle export trade in canada?

Or tryanny of distance kills it?
    Lots of live cattle exported to the US, largely because of not enough kill/processing capacity in parts of Canada

Comment

Little out of touch in last 10yrs, not sure on border status to other countries right now. Canada has been a source for breeding stock for a good chunk of the world. My area has sent lots to South America, Cuba, Mexico, China and Russia.

My cows are just commercials, but I have sent live sheep to Brazil, Australia and Mexico.

As far as logistics they send literally boat loads of 5000hd of fat cattle from South America to Saudia Arabia.

Small world

Comment

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-21/bill-to-end-live-sheep-export-trade-introduced-by-sussan-ley/9781214

Live cattle trade got suspended a few years back but in full swing agin.
        Sheep not so sure but middle eastern importers have said ho hum we will get sheep from south africa or elsewere

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...