• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Weekend Gas Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Weekend Gas Prices

Everybody on the left of the political spectrum paints oil companies as something to be despised. So I looked on Gasbuddy this morning to compare gas prices in various places. Vancouver $1.54 Calgary $1.26 Regina $1.20 Great Falls Montana $.90 CAD ($2.65 a U.S. gallon, converted to litres and CAD). So please explain and justify how Canada is a net exporter of refined petroleum products but we pay anywhere from 33% to 71% more for our gasoline. Also interesting to note, loading grain the other day and the trucker said from June of last year to now the price of diesel has risen just over $.40 a litre. They had raised their rates a bit but will have to go up more! Also the lack of a carbon tax in Saskatchewan makes it the cheapest place in western Canada for gasoline!

My guess, less being sold because of the downturn in the economy so they need more money to make up for lost volume. Taxes. And what ever the market will bear.

I think its higher than its ever been in Regina

Comment

Yep stagflation get used to it we haven't seen anything yet.

Comment

Stagflation absolutely. Remember to keep in mind that it was stagflation that drove interest rates higher in the early eighties.

Comment

They couldn't raise rates to 5% let alone 20% like in the early 80's without imploding the entire system. Fudge the actual inflation figures, keep printing and kick the can down the road. Venezuala could never happen here or could it?

Comment

Venezuela will happen here. Either you have hyper inflation or you raise rates and default. There is no getting out of the corner we are in.

Comment

Avg pump price in Montana according to ambt, is $2.865/gal + road taxes. Equals 75.69/L US or 97.48/L Can. General avg at Petro can in sk (only one I have that I can check prices at every location) is $1.005/L + road taxes. Ab roughly the same with Edmonton (as a rule always the lowest in ab) seeing .97/L. Federal excise taxes on diesel both sides of the border are roughly equal so I left them out. Gasoline excise taxes however are $0.10 here and $0.049 there.

Also need to remember Montana is the 2nd cheapest state to buy diesel right now. US avg price is $3.017 or $1.0267.

Gov in ab takes $0.2503/L in additional taxes, sk takes $0.15, and Montana a paltry $0.0774 by comparison.

BC adds $0.2395, and if you're wealthy enough to live in the greater Vancouver area, a whopping $0.3495.

All in all we're still getting bent over but the difference between rack prices on either side of the 49th is negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                My guess, less being sold because of the downturn in the economy so they need more money to make up for lost volume. Taxes. And what ever the market will bear.

I think its higher than its ever been in Regina
                Wouldn't that be nuce if we had grain markets like that. The less we sold the more we got per bushel.

Comment

Ham

Also the lack of a carbon tax in Saskatchewan makes it the cheapest place in western Canada for gasoline!

Winnipeg is at $1.20, so Sask is not the cheapest place by it's self. What exactly are you trying to get across in your post any ways when you already know taxes are a big part of gas prices here in Canada.

Comment

MB doesn't have a carbon tax yet either

Comment

If I owned a gas station, I would have a sign showing all the taxes per liter. I would highlight the turdo carbon tax in bold. At the bottom of the sign, I would have customer complaints phone number that would direct them to the federal govt.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                        If I owned a gas station, I would have a sign showing all the taxes per liter. I would highlight the turdo carbon tax in bold. At the bottom of the sign, I would have customer complaints phone number that would direct them to the federal govt.
                        Some stations around here have such a tax-ratio sticker on their pumps.

But they're too small to catch much notice and they don't have sock boy's phone number either.

Comment

In the interests of full disclosure why not include the profit oil companies are making, the royalties they are paying in each country and region, the tax breaks and direct and indirect subsidies they receive. then we can have an informed discussion about the real cost of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            In the interests of full disclosure why not include the profit oil companies are making, the royalties they are paying in each country and region, the tax breaks and direct and indirect subsidies they receive. then we can have an informed discussion about the real cost of fuel.
                            Agree on that point 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Agree on that point 👍
                              Not so sure that the Saudis would...

But chucky boy is only interested in smearing Canadian companies, like his post-nationalist, woman-assaulting antifa friends.

Nice guy, chucky boy!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...