• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best you see it in the dark

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best you see it in the dark

Poor mans seeding rig

Nice rig. Good Canadian made product. Tractor Winnipeg ( Go Jets) and the Drill Yorkton at Morris.

I like Your heavy land.

Comment

Are those stones? or what is the term you use?

Comment

yep stones.
        versy has 2900 hours and morris is a c1 been at a dealers for 2 years and kept reducing the price.

Comment

Mallee. How is the trash clearance on the c1? I think generally people are happy with the c2 which has better straw clearance than the c1. However that may not be a problem in Aus.

Comment

Not the best LEP

Comment

It's just a side benefit mallee... you can gather up bedding for the sheep at the same time as seeding!

Comment

I got those too, i call them wild potatoes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180516_210649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	766437Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180516_210619.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	766438

Now this is a real poor man's seeding outfit. Welll cheap man's anyways

Comment

Yeah rich poor guys in Oz apparently. AB5, how do you have that Steiger set up so it runs the air cart hydraulics?

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Yeah rich poor guys in Oz apparently. AB5, how do you have that Steiger set up so it runs the air cart hydraulics?
                      I upgraded the factory pump to a much bigger gear pump. 3/4 hose directly to fan from the flow control behind the seat, return right directly back to tank. Only issue I have is dropping the droppings manifold, tractor has to go over relief for a few seconds. To get 5000 rpm out of the fan, I have just enough GPM at 1500 rpm left to lift at headlands. Total investment of under $1500.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        [ATTACH]2910[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2911[/ATTACH]

Now this is a real poor man's seeding outfit. Welll cheap man's anyways
                        How do you like the FlexiCoil?
                        What model # is that?

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                          I got those too, i call them wild potatoes.
                          Had a beginner farmer as a neighbour in Scotland - he came from Glasgow and was a real city fellow. He classified stones into 2 types - the bigger ones were "bricks" and the smaller ones "chuckies" (derived from chuck i.e to throw in Scottish slang - apparently in Glasgow you routinely throw small stones at the other city dwellers) Took a bit of figuring out initially LOL.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...