Broadleaf control in durum just after 1st leaf

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Broadleaf control in durum just after 1st leaf

helmsdale's Avatar May 14, 2018 | 12:37 1 Anyone got a decent option for broadleaf weed control in durum on a field that beat me in the pre-emergant spray gamble I've been running this year? Infinity says one leaf to flag, but being in the brown soil zone with less than 2.5%OM, peas/lentils are a no go next year. Dicamba says 2 leaf, 24d is 4 leaf, mcpa is 3.

Looking to take out volunteer liberty link canola, group 2 resistant kochia, flixweed, and stinkweed mainly.

Ideas? Reply With Quote
May 14, 2018 | 13:11 2 Crop stage and group 2 kochia takes a lot of options away.
I dunno, maybe some Buctril M? 2 leaf..... Reply With Quote
helmsdale's Avatar May 14, 2018 | 13:36 3 Thinking I might just have to in crop it next week, and do a second app later. Typically try to in crop it just before it shades out the ground to prevent a later flush coming.

Would hit it in the next couple days if I can find something that will be safe on 1 leaf. Reply With Quote
LEP
May 14, 2018 | 15:42 4 At 1 leaf the best you can hope for is a partial fix.

Bromoxonil, Buctril m, refine. None will do the job you want 100%. Use good water volume helps. Reply With Quote
helmsdale's Avatar May 14, 2018 | 16:18 5
Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
At 1 leaf the best you can hope for is a partial fix.

Bromoxonil, Buctril m, refine. None will do the job you want 100%. Use good water volume helps.
Soil temp is high, and 3 days of 80° makes things pop quickly! Plus a few breakdowns and next thing you know you're behind. Reply With Quote
ajl
May 14, 2018 | 19:21 6 Butril or Dyvel (Not DS) has been my go to for this situation. Good spray conditions help too but it is almost getting too hot and dry for that. Reply With Quote