• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humboldt Broncos -last I heard

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humboldt Broncos -last I heard

Police in Saskatchewan say it's too early to say whether charges will be laid in the fatal crash involving a semi-truck and the Humboldt Broncos junior hockey team that left 16 people dead.

Isn't it common practice to throw the book at someone and hope something sticks in case they are at fault?

Hard to believe they think nothing criminal happened or no fault will be found.

Comment

Sad how the new Canadians get protected even when 16 of the best are dead.

Give us the drivers name and he needs to be answering some questions...now!

Comment

Patience is required. Accident investigations take some time. Especially one as complex and large as this one. Until it is complete you are jumping to conclusions.

We don't live in a country where we let the average person decide what happens without due process. In some countries regardless of fault, the driver would be killed by an angry mob. I sense we have some who lean towards the angry mob mentality.

The bigger issue is why we let people with very little professional training or none at all get a license to drive heavy trucks? Since we are the ones who elect governments, we are partly responsible for letting that stupidity to continue.

It doesn't matter whether the driver was a new Canadian or an old Canadian. Every one of us is capable of making stupid mistakes or not paying attention while driving. Fatigue, illness, distractions, lack of training and experience, mechanical failures, ageing, driving under the influence, bad road designs, road conditions and speeding are all possible factors in accidents.

At some point in our lives everyone of us will have been driving when some of these factors are present.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Patience is required. Accident investigations take some time. Especially one as complex and large as this one. Until it is complete you are jumping to conclusions.

We don't live in a country where we let the average person decide what happens without due process. In some countries regardless of fault, the driver would be killed by an angry mob. I sense we have some who lean towards the angry mob mentality.

The bigger issue is why we let people with very little professional training or none at all get a license to drive heavy trucks? Since we are the ones who elect governments, we are partly responsible for letting that stupidity to continue.

It doesn't matter whether the driver was a new Canadian or an old Canadian. Every one of us is capable of making stupid mistakes or not paying attention while driving. Fatigue, illness, distractions, lack of training and experience, mechanical failures, ageing, driving under the influence, bad road designs, road conditions and speeding are all possible factors in accidents.

At some point in our lives everyone of us will have been driving when some of these factors are present.

Saskatchewan and Albert's have terrible driver training.

I did 6 weeks in MB and then worked for a guy that didn't let me go more than 200km from home for a few months.. gradually expanding my territory.

Should be that way for all of them.

My question when it comes to new Canadians... How do you go about teaching them the value of human capital? How do you force them to learn English before passing a driver's test?

And why aren't we doing that before putting trm behind the wheel of 133,000 lbs

Comment

I'm not jumping to conclusions, but I think my point is valid.

There may also be charges laid on more people than just the driver of the truck. This is likely a VERY deep probe. Lots of questions need to be answered.

But I stand by my original comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

I did 6 weeks in MB and then worked for a guy that didn't let me go more than 200km from home for a few months.. gradually expanding my territory.

My question when it comes to new Canadians... How do you go about teaching them the value of human capital? How do you force them to learn English before passing a driver's test?

If they cant pass the written exams or driving exams or complete a training course because their English skills are not good enough then they shouldn't get a license.

If people who don't have good language skills are getting driving licenses, then that is a failure of the licensing and training system. And governments and regulatory bodies are not doing their job.

Heavy truck licenses should not be easy to get. But it is going to cost more money and it will add red tape. Are you ready and willing to pay for it?

Where is our Saskatchewan Government on this issue? I expect businesses are worried about the extra time and costs involved. What is the trucking association saying?

Comment

When getting a driver license everyone should be forced to sit in a semi either for a short drive or as a passenger to understand them on the road.

Many people cut in front of slower moving semis not realizing they are putting themselves in danger.

Comment

If they cant pass the written exams or driving exams or complete a training course because their English skills are not good enough then they shouldn't get a license.

If people who don't have good language skills are getting driving licenses, then that is a failure of the licensing and training system. And governments and regulatory bodies are not doing their job.

Heavy truck licenses should not be easy to get. But it is going to cost more money and it will add red tape. Are you ready and willing to pay for it?

Where is our Saskatchewan Government on this issue? I expect businesses are worried about the extra time and costs involved. What is the trucking association saying?

You can take drivers tests in multiple languages... Whch is fine for cars. But a big truck?

Sask was going to bring in mandatory training and then backed out.

I have no idea what the STA is saying because it's a lame duck organization that has no balls and no visibility.

Freight in this country isn't cheap anyway.

There's too many layers of brokers between the load and the driver and Bo money left to pay the driver properly. Then you sc**** the bottom of the bucket.

It's a major problem.

I've seen loads go out at $28/ tonne and they get to the driver whose an owner operator and he gets 16 a tonne.

If you force the driver costs up you may be able to cut brokers out through dininished returns because freight can't go up much on the other end.

Comment

Here is how police could have it figured out long ago...
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=_VKn-jZNUEM&app=desktop https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=_VKn-jZNUEM&app=desktop

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

I agree with this 100 percent

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                        I agree with this 100 percent
                        Do you honestly think more regulations would of put a brain in the guys head?

Comment

If someone doesn't understand this symbol Click image for larger version

Name:	stop sign.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	766435 then what amount of training is going to help?

chucky boy, always the apologist for the perpetrator...

Comment

Isn't that "symbol" almost universal?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                              Do you honestly think more regulations would of put a brain in the guys head?
                              No but it might keep him off the road. Distracted driving laws are helping, drunk driving laws have made a huge difference. S

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.