• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humboldt Broncos -last I heard

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any driver can't figure out that a big red octagon means stop then no amount of training is going to change anything. Only a lover of ever bigger government could think it would. The solution here is to treat this for what it is - deliberate premeditated murder. There's no excuse for the ArseyMPs taking this long to bring charges.

Comment

Not just new Canadians that can't drive semis safely. I was on the highway yesterday with my truck and flat bed trailer and was getting tailgated pretty bad by a tridem grain truck. Appeared to be a local farmer in his 30s although not someone I knew. Followed me for 20 miles sitting 20 feet or less behind me doing the speed limit. When I needed to turn off onto gravel I started indicating a mile in advance to get the guy to back off - what is the stopping distance on these things again?

Comment

If that happened you should have done everything possible to identify the vehicle and hopefully the plate number and report him to the DOT.

20 miles? The driver should no better. If he had no intention of passing you, pick a safe following distance and maintain it.

That must have been an uncomfortable 20 miles.

Comment

Some drivers are so aggressive and don’t realize how foolish they are. What will it take for them to learn. I guess “no charges” laid anyway. I usually just pull over if they won’t pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
            If any driver can't figure out that a big red octagon means stop then no amount of training is going to change anything. Only a lover of ever bigger government could think it would. The solution here is to treat this for what it is - deliberate premeditated murder. There's no excuse for the ArseyMPs taking this long to bring charges.
            Thats a pretty black and white way to look at it. We have all rolled through stop signs, if thats what even happened.

Comment

Have had many a moment where the only thing indicating a vehicle is behind me is the shadow of a car or truck. Also had many a commercial driver following so close there is no ending to my shadow, or beginning to his.

Ive reluctantly came to the opinion that the sooner vehicles are automated the better. Surely they can at least meet the very low bar set by the majority of drivers today.

At least then everyone could get back to what they really want to do... maintain their social media standing, or conduct that crucially important phone call, or respond to that text message with the same enthusiasm as a mule deer trying to dart across the road like their life depended on it.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                Not just new Canadians that can't drive semis safely. I was on the highway yesterday with my truck and flat bed trailer and was getting tailgated pretty bad by a tridem grain truck. Appeared to be a local farmer in his 30s although not someone I knew. Followed me for 20 miles sitting 20 feet or less behind me doing the speed limit. When I needed to turn off onto gravel I started indicating a mile in advance to get the guy to back off - what is the stopping distance on these things again?
                I had exact same thing happen 2 weeks ago so close i couldnt see him in the mirrors for 20 milesi had a semi and tandem grain trailer , no way he coulda stopped if i had to . I reported the simple prick . It was a double NN trucking truck with mb. Plates on trailer. Was wishin i woulda had the old steel geain trailer , coulda fixed the simple prick

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                  Thats a pretty black and white way to look at it. We have all rolled through stop signs, if thats what even happened.
                  He didn't "roll through" that stop sign. He blew it at a minimum of 80 k, likely much more. And you're right - it absolutely is black and white. His ass needs to die in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    If that happened you should have done everything possible to identify the vehicle and hopefully the plate number and report him to the DOT.

20 miles? The driver should no better. If he had no intention of passing you, pick a safe following distance and maintain it.

That must have been an uncomfortable 20 miles.
                    Tailgaters are usually in a hurry to get past - this one had the opportunity to pass but didn't. Seemed like he didn't want to break the speed limit but didn't mind driving far too close for no particular purpose.

I don't know that we need fully autonomous vehicles but maybe we could build in some of the features? - things that would over-ride dangerous actions by drivers - like if a vehicle gets too close to another it's engine power gets cut back a bit.
                    Last edited by grassfarmer; May 12, 2018, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                      He didn't "roll through" that stop sign. He blew it at a minimum of 80 k, likely much more. And you're right - it absolutely is black and white. His ass needs to die in jail.
                      No charges and not in custody - wonderful! (Sarcasm)

Comment

My neck might be a little red, I'm not sure.... but I'm with bob.

Comment

Are there restrictions on the Truck Driver leaving Canada if there are no charges, or is charges pending enought to put him on the no FLIGHT list.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                            You are very naive if you think this killer just "rolled through a stop sign".
                            Going by the distance that the bus ended up west of intersection vs north of intersection it's looking like the brakes were not touched on the semi.

This guy belongs in prison.

Comment

106 is the number floating around by former reconstructionist. He also blew through the town before I think arborfield
                              And people phoned in about it. Authorities were supposedly on their way looking for him.

Has he got any restrictions on driving pending the investigation? Couldn't imagine him being allowed on the road.

Comment

106 is the number floating around by former reconstructionist. He also blew through the town before I think arborfield
                                And people phoned in about it. Authorities were supposedly on their way looking for him.

Has he got any restrictions on driving pending the investigation? Couldn't imagine him being allowed on the road.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...