• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone see farming moving in this future direction? Smaller robots seeding?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone see farming moving in this future direction? Smaller robots seeding?

I thought this was an interesting approach.
    Kind of like the vision the DOT system is moving towards.
    What does everyone think while you drive the big tractors and airseeders?

Please everyone be safe.

No

No

Comment

Maybe

Maybe

Comment

It's the future

It's the future

Comment

Can't wait

Can't wait

Comment

Let's see, we have agronomists, marketing services, robots in the field, artificial intelligence, ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION???

What's left for me to do? Fish, hike, watch Jets win, sleep.

Bahahahaha.

Comment

better chance we'll be swinging from trees flinging shut at one another again before that happens. unless we dump the carbon tax for a get off this rock tax and leave the environmentalists to save the planet while we leave for higher ground

Comment

Not that small in western canada but maybe dot seedmaster size would be ideal size i think

Comment

Now I feel obsolete...

Comment

Cool
                    But in the big picture, it’s scary to think of the control others will have over every acre of your farm .... seed , data . Think about the freedom we , our our kids will loose . Not sure I like that direction.
                    Who’s dirt will it be ? And who will control it ???

Comment

In the future Large farms will not be able to find Good help..

All of us Older guys will be gone..The few young guys will either go this route or have to hire the imported Canadians..We all know those guys can't drive shit...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        In the future Large farms will not be able to find Good help..

All of us Older guys will be gone..The few young guys will either go this route or have to hire the imported Canadians..We all know those guys can't drive shit...
                        in the future ? can't find much now

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          in the future ? can't find much now
                          City is full of unemployed too bad they donf know the difference between shit and brown pudding.

Comment

I think the challenge there would be the volume of inputs we put down now, would be way too many trips back for product. I do think there is potential for weed specific spraying or even mechanical rogueing of fields with little robots. Same argument as always of needing to make human thought based decisions ie wet spots, obstacles.

Besides when you shut the engine off to call it a night and you hear that extra quiet calmness after listening to the diesel all day with a few frogs croaking in the background and the smell of moist soil disturbed by the drill, why would you want to miss that!

Comment

Where the hell is my flying car running on a hydrogen fuel cell? It was supposed to be here ten years ago.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...