• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transportation costs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transportation costs

If I have around 1 ton of product that I stand to make $3000, and I want my product delivered 100km into the city at various locations, if I am quoted a price of $600 does that seem fair?

$6.00 per loaded km is pretty stiff. Pretty sure a broker would be able to get someone with two feet and a heartbeat to do it for $5/mile or less

Comment

Several years ago when I was moving bulky product into the US the trucking company made more for having the load on their truck for 24 hours than I made owning the land, machines, doing the marketing, paying for labour and marketing it. I stopped producing it.

Comment

Originally posted by motor View Post
        If I have around 1 ton of product that I stand to make $3000, and I want my product delivered 100km into the city at various locations, if I am quoted a price of $600 does that seem fair?
        What product? How many locations? How much does each delivery weight? If it is halves of beef or live chickens. Makes a difference.

Comment

With it being a multiple stop delivery into a city you really need to take the non-driving time into effect. How long does each unload take, what about delays, stuff like that. Being in a city your going considerably slower so the rate needs to go up to reflect that.

$6/km doesn't seem that bad to me as long as it includes all the deliveries and in city time.

Your stilling making $2400 too.

Comment

The only things you need to ask yourself are: is this delivery time sensitive, and could I do the trip for less?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              What product? How many locations? How much does each delivery weight? If it is halves of beef or live chickens. Makes a difference.
              its fruits, about 10 locations, each delivery is about 240 pounds (twenty 12 pound boxes).

the price includes cold/cool storage for my product at their facility before they sort it and deliver it. If pick up time is 6 am, they can have it delivered by 5pm.
              Last edited by motor; May 14, 2018, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                The only things you need to ask yourself are: is this delivery time sensitive, and could I do the trip for less?
                the drive into the city is 4 hours, I dont think I could do 10 deliveries in time. I guess its not time sensitive cause its just fruit for re-sale.

Its about 10 different stops, so I will need like 4 trucks to share the load cause one truck will take too long and I will be behind on my quota.

the cost to rent 4 trucks and 4 driver and fuel per day would most likely be larger than $600.

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                With it being a multiple stop delivery into a city you really need to take the non-driving time into effect. How long does each unload take, what about delays, stuff like that. Being in a city your going considerably slower so the rate needs to go up to reflect that.

$6/km doesn't seem that bad to me as long as it includes all the deliveries and in city time.

Your stilling making $2400 too.
                each unload is about 20 boxes on a pallet. unload shouldnt take more than 5 minutes?
                Last edited by motor; May 14, 2018, 17:45.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.