• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AgOpenGPS rolling peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AgOpenGPS rolling peas

Finally had a chance to try out AgOpenGPS on a real field, not just simulation. Rolled about 500 acres peas and worked very well. Once headlands are set, it will do the whole field without any operator needed - although its really good to have one to miss rocks, puddles, small dead animals, people, trucks, .....

How much for the system?

Comment

I am setting one up this spring, can do the no auto steer for maybe less than 500, pissed off at all my pricey junk The big expense is the antennae.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        How much for the system?
        About 2500 full rtk with your own base, inclinometer, Arduino, steer motor. Bit of patience to learn some new skills.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
          About 2500 full rtk with your own base, inclinometer, Arduino, steer motor. Bit of patience to learn some new skills.
          Do you mean 2500 including all those items or 2500 additional if you already have those items ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Do you mean 2500 including all those items or 2500 additional if you already have those items ?
            Total. Plus a tablet to run it on. Full RTK from Emlid

Comment

Where do I sign up

Comment

I'm using a base and rover Emlid ReachRS RTK set this spring to run my Agleader gear. Plugged in to 10W solar panels on the base tripod and tractor cab roof they never turn off. Centimeter accuracy that doesn't drift at all overnight. Base radio reaches 2 miles over hills and through bush. I set it at the edge of the field, cycle the power to reset it's position and RTK fix in about 5 min. All for $2000. No extra unlock$ or $ubscritions. Totally impressed.
                Last edited by Tucker; May 15, 2018, 07:54.

Comment

Great work Brian. I’ve been loosely following this saga on combineforum since you started. Currently I have an ez guide plus and ez steer on the sprayer tractor. I am wondering if I put agopengps on a laptop and plugged it in on the controller if that would work. And if so how do I do it?

Comment

Now things are getting fun!

Comment

Congratulations, what an innovator!

What is hanging out the back window and dragging on the ground?

Comment

That’s a dongle hanging out the window.

It measures:
                        Macro nutrients top 12 inches of soil N,P,K,S
                        Micro nutrients C, B, Ma,Zn, Moly, etc
                        Electrical conductivity
                        Organic matter
                        And soil health, co2 respiration of microbes
                        And moisture ratings to 36 inch depths

Comment

So, for that investment, I could potentially use the RTK it for machine control for drainage operations and for creating elevation maps?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            Congratulations, what an innovator!

What is hanging out the back window and dragging on the ground?
                            RareEarth, that's awesome!

Just a string tied to the "pull to stop". In the process of putting in a Murphy solenoid to pull the stop when power cut to it connected to a long range LORA radio - remote killswitch. I know, probably should have been the first project.

I've done a couple thousand acres with the software, and others have done many thousands more - seems quite stable. One fella makes the boundaries when he sprays, then the air seeder - all the equipment is connected via Google drive over cell - downloads the data from the initial pass of the sprayer, generates the headlands and outer contour pass for the seeder, where his dad just hits auto steer. He can help his dad if need be by seeing his computer and doing anything he can do in the seeder, on his smartphone - from his sprayer - or anywhere in the world for that matter.

It'll be at Canola Palooza in Lacombe on the 27th June doing a field 4 times that day.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              So, for that investment, I could potentially use the RTK it for machine control for drainage operations and for creating elevation maps?
                              Once you have RTK you can pretty much do anything. Have a look at....

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/OpenGrade https://github.com/farmerbriantee/OpenGrade

Cat guys like it, mount on the blade and you know exactly where you are. Or sc****r etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.