• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Losing its Competitiveness

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Losing its Competitiveness

Brett Wilson's economic reality check for Canada . . . .

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/it-s-delusional-brett-wilson-slams-morneau-on-competitiveness-1.1072793

Well thats what all these useless liberals wanted . One day they will wake up and say “ holy **** theres no money coming in “

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Well thats what all these useless liberals wanted . One day they will wake up and say “ holy **** theres no money coming in “
      “The budget will balance itself.”

Comment

You just hit the nail on the head and the scary part is if this useless fool gets elected again and by that time Canada will be on its knees and broke he has one ace left in the piggy bank your savings and Land. Useless fools will take and take till there is nothing left and then he will be gifted an island in the South from the Aga Kahn.

Comment

Aga Kahn is in Calgary right now. Nenshie was overjoyed in a picture I saw. You should read the comments under that newsclip.

Comment

Canuckistan is a nation of stupid people. Getting rid of the east would git rid of quite a number of them. News this morning that Enbridge sold a large stake in renewable energy projects. Now I am interested in buying ENB. Trouble is the buyer: Canada Pension Plan. Good bye CPP.

Comment

Mornau wrote an article in National Post today - a glowing review of how competitive Canadians are - only thing is he used old statistics.

Comment

Canada is an export economy, with increasing competition in oil & agriculture, both commodities that we cannot get out of the country and both of these solutions lie in the Federal arena.

Did you know the national media did not report that in March Canada posted the highest trade deficit ever:
                https://www.wsj.com/articles/canada-posted-largest-trade-deficit-on-record-in-march-1525354016

Interesting to note that this was NOT news in Canada, it was in the USA. Why was this not news in Canada I wonder? Well the top news story that night was Meaghan Markle did not have a maid of honour or bridesmaids and this is was more news worthy that night. So maybe fake news has an edge on Tabloid journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                  Brett Wilson's economic reality check for Canada . . . .

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/it-s-delusional-brett-wilson-slams-morneau-on-competitiveness-1.1072793
                  Pretty simple, the more competitive we are globally the less dependent we are on the ruling class in Ottawa. The Natural Governing Party can’t have that

Comment

So the US cuts its corporate tax rate, keeps on spending wildly and runs huge deficits. Are you suggesting we follow their lead? I don't think they are a model of fiscal management.

As far as investments in the oil sands. Why would anyone invest in the oil sands if they cant make money in the short term or long run? The price of oil declined because of increased production and reduced demand. Our biggest market the US is heading for self sufficiency in oil. Too many eggs in one basket.

JT wants and supports the Trans mountain expansion. Even if the pipelines get built what are the chances that the long term transition away from fossil energy wont make the oil sands uneconomic? I think that is a real risk and that has more to do with supply and demand.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      So the US cuts its corporate tax rate, keeps on spending wildly and runs huge deficits. Are you suggesting we follow their lead? I don't think they are a model of fiscal management.

As far as investments in the oil sands. Why would anyone invest in the oil sands if they cant make money in the short term or long run? The price of oil declined because of increased production and reduced demand. Our biggest market the US is heading for self sufficiency in oil. Too many eggs in one basket.

JT wants and supports the Trans mountain expansion. Even if the pipelines get built what are the chances that the long term transition away from fossil energy wont make the oil sands uneconomic? I think that is a real risk and that has more to do with supply and demand.
                      I think your entire post shows your detachment from reality:

You likely believe that Butt's puppet sock boy is actually growing the economy here "from the heart out" LOL! (never mind the massive deficit that he has promised us, our children and grandchildren)

You forget that JT is an actor, a liar - he does NOT support TMX - his "support" it strictly optics

You ignore the recent run-up in oil p[rices, and why

But go ahead and live in your world of twisted delusion. Just don't expect me to live in it. Life is moving forward, not back into the dark ages.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                        I think your entire post shows your detachment from reality:

You likely believe that Butt's puppet sock boy is actually growing the economy here "from the heart out" LOL! (never mind the massive deficit that he has promised us, our children and grandchildren)

You forget that JT is an actor, a liar - he does NOT support TMX - his "support" it strictly optics

You ignore the recent run-up in oil p[rices, and why

But go ahead and live in your world of twisted delusion. Just don't expect me to live in it. Life is moving forward, not back into the dark ages.
                        Former Prime Minister Harper signed an agreement with the G7 that the world should stop using nonrenewable fossil energy sources by the year 2100. Only 82 years away, one life time. Whether it actually happens or not who knows. But when the former Prime Minister and oil champion from Alberta says this, you might want to consider that oil sands may not the engine of the economy that our children and grand children will rely on.

Comment

I can sign anything, 82 years out. Even 50 years out, it will be forgotten in ten, when the green turds wake up and realize the “green” comes from no other but CARBON!

Comment

Released this morning, May 11 . . . Canada lost 1,100 jobs in April with expectations of a 20,000 job increase . . . a major miss.

Canada's unemployment continues to be posted at a 5.8%, the 3rd-month going. But Cdn labour force participation rate is declining . . . down to 65.4% as fewer people are looking for work. Youth unemployment increased in April to 11.1% as only 63.4% are actively in the workforce.

Bankers with 'rose-colored goggles' say; Cdn jobs report not so bad, unemployment is the lowest since 1976 . . . and Bank of Canada may be forced to raise rates as there is some evidence of wage growth.

Comment

Errol

Wage growth is eaten up by the Westons and the local gas station. ...

Only place on earth we have discounted oil and highest gas prices.....

Great margins for refiners but wouldn't say it's all rosy putting a crop in when I can keep my liters used the same but my fuel bill is 30 percent higher on price.....

I must be saving the planet environmentally and feeding the world to boot....

****ing stupid hey?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...