• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drug Testing Furore

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug Testing Furore

Mining industry and many Ag industries and transport drivers have mandatory drug testing why should public servants be any different, the left of this country is going to ruin australia. Its a infringement on ones rights if there not allowed to consume drugs in the own times is one of the theories, guess thats correct but cant come to work stoned or drunk

This is one of SA largest govt departments.

WORKERS in one of South Australia’s largest government departments have vowed to fight against a policy that means they cannot be at work with any alcohol or drugs in their system.

Thousands of workers will be subjected to random drug and alcohol testing as part of a new zero-tolerance policy implemented by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure.

The union representing department staff has vowed to fight the policy after being informed by the Sunday Mail this week the controversial policy was being implemented.

But the state’s largest business lobby has urged all employees to have a tailored alcohol and drug policy, particularly in light of an increase of the use of the drug ice.

Public Service Association of SA manager of policy and strategy Austin White said the issue would be taken to the South Australian Employment Tribunal arguing the focus of drug and alcohol testing should be on people’s job roles.

Mr White said the union would never argue people should be at work impaired by drugs or alcohol.

We wouldnt have a PM if they did that here.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      We wouldnt have a PM if they did that here.
      Or a leader of the official opposition.

I see that Andrew Scheer has admitted to smoking weed as well. You can tell that times have changed when the wholesome squeaky clean Scheer is not afraid to admit to being a former toker.

Substance abuse is a widespread problem in many countries. Treating addicts as criminals hasn't worked. It's better to treat it as a mental health problem that requires extensive treatment and support. Putting addicts in jail ends up making the problem worse and likely costs more money from taxpayers without actually solving the problem and in many cases makes it worse.

I see Doug Ford is opposed to safe injection sites. That seems ironic since his brother Rob was a crack addict who needed treatment.

The goal of safe injection sites is to reduce harm to both the users and the community and get addicts some access to treatment and health care.

The over prescription of pain killers has turned a lot of ordinary people into opioid addicts.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Or a leader of the official opposition.

I see that Andrew Scheer has admitted to smoking weed as well. You can tell that times have changed when the wholesome squeaky clean Scheer is not afraid to admit to being a former toker.

Substance abuse is a widespread problem in many countries. Treating addicts as criminals hasn't worked. It's better to treat it as a mental health problem that requires extensive treatment and support. Putting addicts in jail ends up making the problem worse and likely costs more money from taxpayers without actually solving the problem and in many cases makes it worse.

I see Doug Ford is opposed to safe injection sites. That seems ironic since his brother Rob was a crack addict who needed treatment.

The goal of safe injection sites is to reduce harm to both the users and the community and get addicts some access to treatment and health care.

The over prescription of pain killers has turned a lot of ordinary people into opioid addicts.

Yep Chucker, we need to numb the pain. I’ve turned to chewing caragana bark instead of chew tobacco. It’s not taxed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Yep Chucker, we need to numb the pain. I’ve turned to chewing caragana bark instead of chew tobacco. It’s not taxed yet.
          Of course Scheer did it in college while Dreamboat has admitted doing it as a sitting MP

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...