• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought 2018?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drought 2018?

Environment canada released new probable and deterministic forecasts at the beginning of this month. If it holds true, it'll do so on limited and depleted soil reserves.

If anyone puts any stock in accuweather.com my area has only two rain events forecast for the next 3 months. One mid June the other July 1st, of a 1/2" each. That doesn't bust too many bins if it holds true

Comment

Ya....

Now isn't that special.

And I'm no talking "Areas" either helmsdale.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Ya....

Now isn't that special.

And I'm no talking "Areas" either helmsdale.
        On the upside perhaps your talents will be in high demand as a ghetto farming expert. "Consultancy to avoid insolvency". There's your company motto😁

Comment

no major rain forecast here for may. we are already in drought mode. weve had one of the driest Aprils on record, similar to1980 and 88, which were major drought years. bins are locked tight.

Comment

Old timer from my area told. 3 inch rain away from a drought to a flood. I personally like it on drier side. But we will need a good rain sooner than later.

Comment

Looks about perfect. Wet out there still.

Comment

Never yet have I lost a crop in May. Oh wait I have!

Comment

Just checking what the neighbour had planted, turns out to be peas. They're sitting in the dry already, didn't seed all that deep as there's lots of moisture, but the winds have taken their toll where the ground has been opened up. Showers now forecast for Mon-Tues, they'll really need it to get those peas going. If they miss it, there'll be two crops.

Comment

Drought and strong winds perfect combo for shit

Comment

For all of you that have been asking where is global warming, well Mabry there it is, unless its a Suzuki, gore liberal plot to worry us into voting green.

Comment

No horse since time began western canada has dry to very dry years and a few wet welcome to reality

Comment

Relax people....Enviroment Canada can’t forecast weather past 3 days! Their longterms have usually been the opposite of what they forecasted. I used to get Drew...quit that too....way to much drama!

The Enviroment Canada guys are sitting at the same desks with Stats Canada and the CGC....and we all know how helpful these institutions are.

Go plant the crop, do the work, tend to it, take Insurance, don’t buy anything until it’s in the bin and the bills are paid...and it will probably all work out fine.

Comment

Yeah, can't wait for all that extra production we are going to get as a result of higher temperatures.... AND NO RAIN!

Comment

I could use a drought just to get caught up with some of the washouts and ditches that you just can't fix with water running all the time.

As far as hot and dry summer Saskatchewan was been having them since long before Suzuki and Gore or any of us have been around.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...