• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought 2018?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
    Relax people....Enviroment Canada can’t forecast weather past 3 days! Their longterms have usually been the opposite of what they forecasted. I used to get Drew...quit that too....way to much drama!

The Enviroment Canada guys are sitting at the same desks with Stats Canada and the CGC....and we all know how helpful these institutions are.

Go plant the crop, do the work, tend to it, take Insurance, don’t buy anything until it’s in the bin and the bills are paid...and it will probably all work out fine.
    Exactly, well said 👍

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      Yeah, can't wait for all that extra production we are going to get as a result of higher temperatures.... AND NO RAIN!
      It is exactly what many areas need. Warm and dry for once.

Comment

Maybe it will be a record crop of dry peas🙂

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          On the upside perhaps your talents will be in high demand as a ghetto farming expert. "Consultancy to avoid insolvency". There's your company motto😁
          I will have no credibility because I will be in the gutter of the Slum of the Ghetto without a crop this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
            For all of you that have been asking where is global warming, well Mabry there it is, unless its a Suzuki, gore liberal plot to worry us into voting green.
            Yea just like in the 30’s when there was too many buckboards on the road , fm

Comment

The government has it all clearly figured out hove to get to the perfect weather to keep all people happy and getting just the best they ever remember.

Simple Science.

The just need more of your money to get started.

It looks like it might be on ongoing project and don't expect to see any results in your lifetime.

But the science is mostly proven so just keep sending money.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                I could use a drought just to get caught up with some of the washouts and ditches that you just can't fix with water running all the time.

As far as hot and dry summer Saskatchewan was been having them since long before Suzuki and Gore or any of us have been around.
                Palliser said SFA would grow in a big chunk of SW SK years before GLOBAL WARMING BULLSHIT.
                Called it a semi arid plain, one notch above DESERT. Horse farts must have caused the 30's Drought, because there were NO engines, buffalo all dead, oil not even found in Leduc,AB!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	766426
                Sk Ag crop report soil moisture map says we are SURPLUS, not that wet, been wetter on this date.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  It is exactly what many areas need. Warm and dry for once.
                  Correct.
                  I offered free snow..no one came. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Correct.
                    I offered free snow..no one came. Lol.
                    If we get 50% of normal moisture and increased temperatures across essentially all of AB, SK and MB I wonder what percentage of farmers will be happy with their crops by fall? Pretty sure you won't find a rancher who would be happy.

Comment

We heard complaining all last yr..and record crops..
                      Don't cry wolf till it happens..
                      Us in the mud bowl are in a completely different world than you..

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        If we get 50% of normal moisture and increased temperatures across essentially all of AB, SK and MB I wonder what percentage of farmers will be happy with their crops by fall? Pretty sure you won't find a rancher who would be happy.
                        never could figure out why most ranchers set up in such dry places when there are wet places like the northeast? wait maybe it's because it's to hard to put up feed here ? and maybe they don't like working in the mud most of the time . bet the ones here would be real happy , if it got hot and dry, not that there is very many

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          We heard complaining all last yr..and record crops..
                          Don't cry wolf till it happens..
                          Us in the mud bowl are in a completely different world than you..
                          Partners, are you ready for this morsel of humor...

The only broken record in the Slum of the Ghetto was me "complaining" how dry it was before AND after the tap turned off after our mid June blessing of about 2.5 inches. No other records broken. We were surprised some stuff did as well as it did under the circumstances. Wheat was a pleasant surprise but that crap seems the most resilient to dry conditions compared to some other crops.....hoping for better this year!

And I know there's people who had it worse than we did.

Comment

I got a forecast from AFC that says October is winter fwiw. Website is afcw.com He predicted a early May snowfall in corn belt at a conference in Feb of 14 I believe. Simon Atkins does it. He's bat shit crazy but his weather is absolutely bang on.
                            Last edited by macdon02; May 3, 2018, 22:45.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              Yea just like in the 30’s when there was too many buckboards on the road , fm
                              Actually case there is a direct correlation between the Industrial Revolution and the dirty thirties. The amount of co2 put into the atmosphere from the coal in Britain was huge

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                                Actually case there is a direct correlation between the Industrial Revolution and the dirty thirties. The amount of co2 put into the atmosphere from the coal in Britain was huge
                                Just like there was a direct correlation between all the CO2 that caused the dirty thirties also causing the cooling from the 40's to 70's. Sounds logical to me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...