• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday! Its Back

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday! Its Back

Click image for larger version

Name:	5hyetRW4TmGuvbe2cAXJzA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	777979

Let's go seeding, Not so fast we still have frost in the ground not that far down and its a little chilly yet for even peas north of the valley.

Rains are interesting as well anything from Edmonton to us get to the valley and turn east they don't cross. Any rains from the south just across the valley and then move NE So far we have hit a shower each time. South of the valley is way drier and a few guys are seeding two to be exact that I know of. One is always first out of the gate even if snow is on the ground second has lots of acres and it's way dryer so seed and hope for rain.

Name:	8mHq8QXWT76T104n0MEzfw.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	777980

The yard is starting to get spongy so things are starting to warm up and it looks like most will have a start day of the 7th of May. Just saying I called it a long time ago and I still believe it will be the main start day for seeding north of the valley.

So it's an easy report most are still fixing with the odd guy seeding and all hell will break out next week. Some companies are playing with inoculant and it's in short supply. Some guys are dropping their price on Certified Wheat seed so shop around on one variety we are looking at a difference of 3 dollars a bushel. Shop around.

Ah, the lawsuit of the century.

ok, maybe not but Tony and company are taking on Input Capital in a class action.

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	777981

Biggest positive out of this class action is maybe farmers will realize the ultimate game plan is your land and the way its set up farmers cant win. Those on the west side that signed and are using long-term what he thinks you can grow will be wiped out like the above farmer if normal yields come back to play.

Wake up call for farmers free pails at farm shows has a catch.

Ok, Brad got a good job with a Calgary/Toronto law firm. Big deal move on people it happens Roy got to go teach NDP logic at the UofS, Hell even nut case in Alberta will get some sort of a job after politics, the only one is Wayne in Ontario might just be able to ask do you want Frys with that.

Diesel is way out of hand and will be one of our biggest expenses again this year. We have to oil it's landlocked so the companies to survive gouge at the pumps to make up for the loss of oil coming out of the ground. They always get their pound of flesh but the reality is Trudeau's carbon tax is screwing people a lot also.

Wake up Canada we are becoming a third world shit hole.

Now for Fed Politics, this open door policy of just cross the border is F#$King insane. Nothing else to say total insanity. People are not fleeing a bad country like the USA it's not Venezuela or Korea and you want out or die.

The federal budget is just a little out again and up another what 8 billion.

Investment is leaving Canada at an alarming rate wonder why.

Debt levels of Canadians are rising. Yea uses debt to buy things to make it seem the economy is moving forward. No were going backwards and fast.

Stats Canada I will give you an A finally for your last report I think ist close to what will happen as seeding starts.

Parts WTF just picked up Count them three Tips for the second drill and total cost was 50 Bushels of #1 HRS let that soak in. Three tips not Boots or assembly but three tips and I need 50 bushels just to pay for them. Yea was not getting screwed one bit.

Name:	KUbcvJnPTWS1y8p1wGuQmg.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	777982

Oh, the second Bitch is read your warranty or extended warranty because I have one HAlf a million dollar paperweight sitting in the Yard. Thanks, Deere seems the Computer that is needed to run the tractor and control the tractor and send Mother Corp all your information Froze up. They never saw it before but it happened. You cant reboot because its hard wired in so you try and try different shit that costs over and over and over. Yea its still sitting the big paperweight and I know one thing it's going to cost me about half what the payment is to fix a two-year-old tractor. I know why my Dad always called machinery Junk because you pay a fortune for it use it a bit and then its thrown away.

So to wrap things up May 7th is a go day for full-bore seeding, Prices of everything we touch is out of this world but keep paying Mr farmer we need to live. Trees have no Leaves yet and no frogs croaking but a few buds did start to come out. Rain is hit and miss with lots of miss. The ground is cold sloughs are starting to drop and the dreaded Goose is back. We need two seasons.

Jackfish in Little and Big Quill wow who knew just about everyone.

Here is hoping our leader in Ottawa won't screw up this week I'm Pulling for you, Justin.

Name:	31706546_693739254291448_2188177552596533248_n.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	777983

Don't burn unless you have to. The idiot that was lighting fires along the highway to Balgonie at every half mile in the ditch needs to go to jail. Thank god no wind.

Be safe, have fun and try not to think about how much money this crop is going to cost you this year.

Give me the conditions in your area where you're from or close to and how far advanced are you at seeding.

Comment

One way to spoil the mood for the day, if it isn't already, is when the tech comes out to fix your machine and says,
      "I've never seen this before...."

Comment

Yea that is so funny and true.

Even DTec said that to us.

We got a black screen that had in 6 different languages phone you John Deere Service department Immediately.

German, French English etc.

WTF is all I could say.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
          One way to spoil the mood for the day, if it isn't already, is when the tech comes out to fix your machine and says,
          I have been hearing that for 10 years now....Thanks now its not just me.

Think we should start a club.

Imagine going to 3 different semi shops including Cummins and still having the same problems..

150 an hour but no one has a solution and no one can fix it....but to say RBA.

Comment

Your Dad was right. Machinery is a heartless b####.
            Went for drive in one field yesterday. Drier than i thought.
            Could start Mon if the bloody transmission back in my Stieger.
            SE Edmonton 90miles. No rain at all. Warm and windy.
            Hired man already giving me a headache.
            Decided this week that seeding is one more thing i wont miss.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
              Hahahaha ya that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy from the moment those words are said just thinking how many hours and shorted out electrical parts later this will get sorted out.
              Can't stop laughing it's happened I m sure to all of us.

Comment

A John Deere 4440 had wires from the alternator to the batteries then to the starter , fusebox, then up to the lights and AC controls.

No ****ing machine needs the harnesses these beasts have today. But if they do , why the **** does it have to run in such a way only a contortionist can work on them.

No reason the main harness can't be in a sealed pipe with connectors that are easily worked on...after troubleshooting the problem....

The main harness should last the life of the machine.....they don't barely last the warranty period which is why machines are traded....

Comment

My new Motto " Deere helping me to Decide every day it's almost time to call it Quits"

Comment

The biggest news out today is the Input Capital Lawsuit.

If you signed up this year you were warned by lots this is an interesting company.

Comment

A liberal lawyer vs the NDP and Saskparty supporters....

I think Merchant has this one in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        Your Dad was right. Machinery is a heartless b####.
                        Went for drive in one field yesterday. Drier than i thought.
                        Could start Mon if the bloody transmission back in my Stieger.
                        SE Edmonton 90miles. No rain at all. Warm and windy.
                        Hired man already giving me a headache.
                        Decided this week that seeding is one more thing i wont miss.
                        I wished i could find a hired man

Comment

Seeding east of tisdale , nipawin i think
                          Could go here but maybe wait for ground to warm , the water is gone , gone , gone
                          Sure must be some dry old ground under here. Have never seen water dissapear like that
                          SF3. Thats the reason 20-25 year old 9270 case and 8770 JD 4wd’s are fetching $100k at auctions . No one can keep all this fancy shit running
                          Cant believe some equip manufacturer has jumped on this opportunity to buld a simple reliable machine again?
                          Someone really needs to push the reset button soon
                          Last edited by Guest; May 3, 2018, 08:46.

Comment

I feel your pain caseih.
                            A hand is better than being alone.
                            But sometimes at what cost
                            Adding wages and repair bills has me thinking of a change.

Hopefully seeding wed at the latest. Waiting on seed and tractor bahaha.
                            VT going on weekend on ruts

Comment

Some farmers here will finish wheat tomorrow. Some just started and some won't turn a wheel till next week. Variable moisture last fall and differing tillage practices.
                              We have a good start with a new drill. Soil temp at seed depth yesterday didn't get over 5.5C. Moisture adequate as our fields are no till. Protill guys getting dusty.
                              Our cows are out in stockpiled pastures. Lots of material. Many cows are out in already overgrazed pastures. Lots of people here have a wreck coming.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...