• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Now all the Ag Experts say Stats Canada is Wrong!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Now all the Ag Experts say Stats Canada is Wrong!

Click image for larger version

Name:	oteFVbpASUOyTU%aJ3WCiw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	777977

So as I read over the morning Ag News every one says that this time stats Canada seeding intentions report is wrong and all the experts and the Market knows what farmers are going to seed.

HA HAHAHHAHAH you useless fools have no clue.

But when useless stats Canada came out in the better price times these same Ag experts said oh stats Canada is right that's how much grain farmers produced and down went our prices only to prove that 6 months later the crop wasn't as large as they said.

So who is right and who is wrong.

Well, the cards are stacking up that the experts have no clue.

Why you ask.

Dry conditions, overextended farmers, high land prices and high rents shitty grain movement and way more awesome varieties that are still available at this time of year.

See when times get tough and I would say with ag farmers start to quietly change their ways and adapt.

Pulse acres are way to high. Coming from experts it just can't be. Well, they are easy to grow and if you get a decent yield they can store for a while and are sort of like money in the bank and other countries aren't playing India"s game so maybe some demand. Cheap to grow and guys who know how to grow have land and area that they grow well on and will continue to grow.

Wheat is up. Yea that's a no-brainer when times get dry what is the one crop that can give you something with just a couple rains. Maybe not the big yields like past but still fill some bins. Cheap yet to grow because the experts haven't screwed up that seed system yet. They are working on it but haven't got the bumps out of the screw farmers for a wheat project.

Barley is the follow the past price spike crop. Its the crop that paid well last year for feed barley going to China for Malt yea the malt game is a dead horse but Feed and Barley to China for Beer works. Experts just don't get that.

Oats is down because tired of hearing we don't have to grow a crop in Canada quaker has enough only to have quaker not pay top dollar and pull oats out of bins slowly all year long.

Canola acres are levelling out why you ask its easy only can take a rotation so far and price of seed and inputs to grow big canola yield is way to expensive. Canola snow canola works for a few years till RB has your sale or Input capital owns your land. The north cant adds acres and the south with dryer conditions will seed some but not put in massive acreage in case it doesn't rain. Manitoba is Soy and left the building. Alberta is at their usual. Seed is in dealer sheds and you can buy what every variety you want.

So to all the experts that believe it's not a true case this time around, I think its closer than you guys want to believe.

Looks good out of your office window.

Why don't you guys phone a friend? No not the flashy Farms with lots of Shiny new bins. Real farms and ask a very simple question. How are things going and what your expectations for 2018?

I can bet it's not warm and fuzzy were going to make out like bandits this year.

Times in farming are changing and change is hard to grasp onto.

Comment

The industry shouldn't be surprised canola acre, what do they think, everybody grows it back to back or every other year!!!
      If that's what they want, then give us GMO varieties that are 100% resistant to club root, black leg, sclerotinia, mold etc. But they won't do that, cause selling us fungicides is a money maker !

They could isolate the genes and give us resistance but they won't.

Comment

It's sad how farmers are manipulated by industry in the part of the world.

Always when it's in the expert's favour the Stats can report is god. But have a report that maybe shows what actually is happening and its all wrong wrong wrong.

Ah, Canada the final chapter in Farming for profit has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          Why don't you guys phone a friend? No not the flashy Farms with lots of Shiny new bins. Real farms and ask a very simple question. How are things going and what your expectations for 2018?

I can bet it's not warm and fuzzy were going to make out like bandits this year.

Times in farming are changing and change is hard to grasp onto.
          Not here ...never bought into all the bullshit...never understood growing more to make less...don't agree with more money to R&D to do it either.

Don't think forcing CP workers back to work with no conditions on management to move grain is realistic....it highlights who is running the show .

Graincos were silent again in the railway problems even though its their grain not moving not mine.

Comment

Who would've guessed when most of the survey base has decided to not participate or use false numbers there reports are incorrect.

With there new plans on satellite imagery I do hope we see some better reports. Kinda hard when most of Western Canada wasn't even seeding when they did this report though. Hopefully next one is better.

I'll take everything they send out and look at it but with the same skepticism I do with everything I read. As should everyone.

Bucket graincos were pretty vocal about the grain shutdown. Guarantee demurrage costs at port aren't gonna be small for them this year due to it.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4048098/grain-rail-shipments-backlog/

Here's an article about it.

Comment

🤴 all for blaming farmers and sticking with experts in their office in City. Explain why the report is wrong?

Grain companies pass on thiercosts to farmers with lower prices

Comment

To be perfectly honest , i dont think anyone ever pays any attention to this outdated , always late waste of time report . Sure marketers use it for an excuse when it suits them

Comment

Can't blame the man for the tools he's been given. Or something like that.

Yeah that's what any business would do. If it came down to it i'm sure everyone on here would take a hard look at fert costs, machinery upgrades, chemical, etc.

It is something that is looked at but if it's out to lunch we can see the market trade the other direction in response to it. Happens to the USDA report sometimes as well.

Early reports like this usually aren't taken as much as some of the later ones. Mostly due to the fact most farmers weren't seeding when they were writing it. As we get through the season they should become more accurate. Mostly due to the fact they can start using satellite imagery to get results.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...