• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

joint farming.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joint farming.

Below is the link on what we tried to do. Alas didnt work out for me.

https://iview.abc.net.au/programs/landline/RA1801Q013S00#playing
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Apr 30, 2018, 03:14.

Why didn't it work for you mallee?

I guess we could say there are quite afew collaborative/joint ventures in farming....lots of "multi family operations" could be considered as such.
    Hutterite Colonies are on a whole other level....cradle to grave...

Comment

Without detail every one has to be on the same page.

Maybe i was a bit more risk averse and i liked mixed farming mixed risk rather than wall to wall crop in low rainfall enviormnet. Partner hated sheep.

I was max yield per acre for amount of rain, partner was max acres gotta lower machinery costs per acre by putting in more acres i was polar opposite lets lower machinery costs by growing better crops costs per tonne produced.

And work work work 7 days a week almost relentless some land was 100 kms away id be away from home for a week plus i wasnt in a mining job for gods sake.

Guess im a plodder and a throwback from 1960s....... but in saying all that enjoyed the first 2 years but number didnt add up and cropping 28000 acres we were always replcing machinery

ok im a failure destined to be a family farmer not a bto at least i admit it others i know went on hell for leather belly up bankrupt when they should have pulled the pin.

But it works for most/many.

Few other things i was big on having a few beers, i supply, friday night with workers and a few laughs lets knock of early, partner no time for that and make em bring there own beers.

Think im to soft to be a bto.

hope you guys dont think less of me but got quite stressful at times phone calls almost 24/7 etc not me.

edit strangely my partner has got into sheep lentil in super low rainfall dont work........

Comment

I want no part of a real large farm. Not at this stage of my life anyway. I have what I need and am satisfied, I'm not even interested in the next "increment" up let alone the next 3rd or 4th........

To each his own

Comment

When I glanced at the thread I though Trudeau and FCC are creating a new way to farm in 2018.

Just get stoned and forget about seeding spraying and harvesting.

Comment

Comment

Mallee, nothing wrong with being a family farm. I bet you wind up making more money at the end of the day with less stress and happier life.

If I took my profit margin per acre and multiplied it by the acres some of the big guys in our area have they'd be pulling in millions of profit year after year but they are not. Bigger isn't always better.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...