• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Agri Trend Left the building?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Agri Trend Left the building?

I love advisors for farmers it's a great way to spend money but the reality is if you want to spend money hire a fresh out of UofS ag college graduate and pay them the fee and let them drive tractors and combines etc.

But some of these companies did do great work and actually show some farmers what they were doing wrong and actually taught them stuff.

It seems once they sold to Trimble I think the writing was on the wall.

I might be wrong but got this info yesterday.

If someone who uses them has more info share.

But I think times are changing in Ag Again.

Also How many are actually using Input Capital?

I think the numbers are really high.

Even Input Capital doesn't have enough access to the amount of credit needed to float a "really high" percentage of participation of the total producers . Define high. I myself know no one with an Input Capital contract.

It would likely be the "death knell" of anyone who thinks they need them.

Take care and work safe.

Comment

I haven't paid even a dollar for agronomy advice......maybe that is why my farm in the Slum of the Ghetto is a dismal failure!

Do the fees "cost" or "pay"?

There is tonnes of extension material to read if anyone wants to learn.

Too many acres to cover? Lack of confidence? .....you can always do what the neighbor does, lol.

Comment

I don't think the high rollers using Input Capital really advertise they are using this form of credit.

Comment

I think most would be shocked who uses or has used them. Follow the money farming doesn’t really justify what was happening in canada.

The advisors are just the first thing cut

Comment

Havent heard but it would be interesting to hear what Agri-Spend is up to.
            Always admired Saiks' business acumen and model.
            Easy enough to outsource someone with a degree for 1/5 the cost.
            Not impressed with Trimble at all.

Comment

That’s the connection Trimble bought them I think and don’t find it’s a need now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...