• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving the planet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    This isn't marxist doctrine its ****ing common sense which you seem to have little of!

But perhaps you think it is a good idea to use a an expensive polluting finite resource such as oil because too many people are too lazy to walk to get a cup of coffee, let alone put some in a thermos for later.

We have become a society of lazy and fat people.
    You referring to fat, lazy people like your effing common sense climate hero, Leo, shown jetting to Coachella? "Climate-justify" this, dupe!

https://twitter.com/dicapriofans/status/984956616322834432 https://twitter.com/dicapriofans/status/984956616322834432

Comment

This isn't marxist doctrine its ****ing common sense which you seem to have little of!

But perhaps you think it is a good idea to use a an expensive polluting finite resource such as oil because too many people are too lazy to walk to get a cup of coffee, let alone put some in a thermos for later.

We have become a society of lazy and fat people.
      So for just a bit more to add to your "common sense" contribution - this, from Roy Green:

"650,000. Number of barrels of oil imported into eastern Canada daily in 2016. Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Angola, Algeria key suppliers. Human & women's rights abusers. We could instead export Cdn oil & infuse $-billions into Cdn economy for everyone's benefit."

So you support the continued abuse of human rights in Islamist countries by importing their oil. Meanwhile, our virtue-signalling, feminine PM sockboy, Butt's puppet deftly wrangles the end to pipeline-building that would market or supply our own fuel needs from our western oil resources.

Yeah, I guess that's common sense to a Marxist like you, somehow, some way...

Comment

A carbon tax can be used to lower other taxes for low income consumers or anyone. The provinces can decide how they use it. If you are concerned about low income workers then the simplest thing is to increase the basic income tax exemption on low incomes.
        I thought a carbon tax was being implemented to lower emissions not to lower other taxes? I pointed out what is actually happening in Alberta not some hypothetical nirvana! In Alberta it is obvious it is nothing but a tax grab!!

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
          So for just a bit more to add to your "common sense" contribution - this, from Roy Green:

"650,000. Number of barrels of oil imported into eastern Canada daily in 2016. Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Angola, Algeria key suppliers. Human & women's rights abusers. We could instead export Cdn oil & infuse $-billions into Cdn economy for everyone's benefit."

So you support the continued abuse of human rights in Islamist countries by importing their oil. Meanwhile, our virtue-signalling, feminine PM sockboy, Butt's puppet deftly wrangles the end to pipeline-building that would market or supply our own fuel needs from our western oil resources.

Yeah, I guess that's common sense to a Marxist like you, somehow, some way...

one can really see the absurdity of it all, when it's put in print . guess this is good though, supporting the countries that kidnap and **** 10 year old girls , the person that is allowing this to happen should be locked up . and I wonder how the downstream carbon emission report would be on this "BLOOD OIL" . it's so ****ing stupid , you can't even make any sense out of it

Comment

bedroom communities around winterpeg still growing, SUVs driving 120 kph back and forth to work, then back to winterpeg at night for kids sports, movie, shopping. I think gas needs to go to 2.50/l before habits change.

Comment

This chart shows that carbon taxes in Canada are clearly just a Marxist scheme to redistribute wealth, not a mechanism to "save the planet":

Click image for larger version

Name:	Emissions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	766419

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/04/27/if-canada-shut-down-our-entire-economy-it-would-make-almost-zero-difference-to-global-emissions/ https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/04/27/if-canada-shut-down-our-entire-economy-it-would-make-almost-zero-difference-to-global-emissions/

We are already one of the lowest CO2 emitters in the world, not to mention a carbon[I]sink[I] for the world!

So, what a joke - Climate Barbie and Jihadi Justin, along with their supporting cast of minions, are jetting around the world to climate conferences acting as if they are making a difference when in fact they are just taking luxury junkets on the taxpayer's dime.

AND, contributing to the "problem" they are purporting to help solve.

But you still think that's okay, chucky.

Comment

Yup , punish hard working Canadians and support Saudi Arabia and others 👎👎👎

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Yup , punish hard working Canadians and support Saudi Arabia and others 👎👎👎

OH, LOOK! In this video Climate Barbie tells us exactly how much each Canadian family will be punished!

Ha, ha, ha, fooled ya! The Liberals don't answer questions!

(Oh ya, I should have told you to keep an upchuck bucket handy when the Minister Responsible for the Weather speaks...)

Comment

Burnt. We are one of the lowest polluters a.got to love your math,, we produce at least 5 times more per capita than anyone else and 30 times more than India, So how do you figure we are the lowest ,read the chart you posted'

Comment

Originally posted by Hozrse View Post
                      Burnt. We are one of the lowest polluters a.got to love your math,, we produce at least 5 times more per capita than anyone else and 30 times more than India, So how do you figure we are the lowest ,read the chart you posted'

Huh, horse, I don’t get your point. Are you reading it upside down?

Comment

We produce 1.6 with 34 mill people India produces 6.4 with over 1 billion people so no I don't think I am reading upside down. As a country we produce less but per capita we are very high.

Comment

WHO GIVES A SHIT per capita, the percentage is a f*cking joke! How about it's COLD here, how about we drive a 1000 times further than India, how about moving our products 2000 miles to market over frickin mountains? Canada could DISAPPEAR and the world would NOT notice. But yes we are a carbon SINK! Get a brain morons!
                          Last edited by fjlip; Apr 28, 2018, 16:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                            Horse, perhaps you need a feed of oats to boost your cognitive abilities.

Here let me help you out with a few facts:

1) CO2 is NOT pollution, but rather one of the most essential elements on earth. Perhaps you didn't know this either, but those oats that you need to help boost your performance need CO2 to grow and produce. Just like humans (and horses) need oxygen to live! So, we inhale oxygen and exhale CO2, while oats absorb CO2 and produce, well, OATS!

Isn't that a lovely synergy! So perhaps that will help you understand that rather than CO2 beng a pollutant, it is, instead, essential for life!

Someone should really tell Climate Barbie that so she can stop embarrassing herself and everyone else when she gets up in the House or behind a mic. But, sadly, it likely won't help cuz you can't roll a tonne of horse feed from a bushel of oats.

2) Per capita means ZERO in this scheme, since it does not account for the volume of goods produced in the system. And since the majority of CO2 emissions occurs while producing raw products - oil, timber, minerals, etc - which we export a lot of, we are bearing the alleged "burden" of the major part of CO2 production emanating from the final product.

However, when taking into consideration FACT #1, it really doesn't matter where the CO2 is produced.

So, I suggest you quit harassing the working man and woman and go peddle your stupid guilt-tripping scheme somewhere else - like maybe Hollywood or the Paris Climate conferences, where the truly wasteful idiots are jetting around with their mile-high clubs.

#3) Since the chart alone indicates that we are a completely insignificant CO2 producer in ANY scale, ratio or dimension, any actions taken here to purportedly reduce CO2 emissions will be wiped out in about 3 hours or days by the weekly INCREASE in China's CO2 emissions.

So horse, tell us again -what good will a carbon tax do to help save the planet?

(Hey, somebody over there - take his nosebag off so he can answer!)
                            Last edited by burnt; Apr 28, 2018, 17:34.

Comment

Say, horse, let me help you out with another fact:

Since you chose India for your comparison, let's look at another factor - the poverty level in both countries.

Did you know that the percentage of people living below the "poverty line" in Canada is considerably less than half of that in India?

And that, furthermore, most of those (but not all) who live below the poverty line in Canada still live like kings and queens compared to those trapped in poverty in India?

And did you know that when you turn that percentage into actual numbers of people that live in poverty, the Canadian number barely registers on the scale, compared to India?

So do you need help in understanding that we Canadian people are benefiting immensely from our well-developed system while India paying a huge human price for their "lower per capita emissions"? Thank goodness for the industries that brought us to where we are!!! (Meanwhile the GLibs and Dippers are driving more out of Canada every week)

Do you understand now that it all depends how you look at ALL the numbers and facts?

Here's another fact that I'll try to help you understand - at the rate that Climate Barbie and Jihadi Justin Wretched Notley, John Whorgan and Butch Wynne are going, we are very soon going to feel the effect of their colossally ignorant greenwash policies in the form of poverty like we haven't seen since the 30s.

But hey, mares will be free to call themselves studs and wear strap-ons and studs will be free to wear skirts and participate in women's sporting events.

Isn't that a lovely thought, horse?

Yeah or Neigh?

Comment

Thanks burnt that was sweet!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.