• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physics and the Broncos

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physics and the Broncos

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=_VKn-jZNUEM

What this fellow figured out sure makes sense..So why is the law so slow?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      What this fellow figured out sure makes sense..So why is the law so slow?
      Only one reason , and we all know why .
      Yes “investigating “ takes time ..... but it sure is funny how other certain things get jumped on almost instantly..... cutting a scarf 🧣ring a bell ?????
      Anyway not pointing fingers just clearing off the windshield.... to see clearly.

Comment

The angle of where the bus ended up is an eye opener....no brakes were touched.
        I’m sure they should be able to get the weights of both vehicles very close in the investigation.

After 3 weeks still no name of the driver from Calgary??.........

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          The angle of where the bus ended up is an eye opener....no brakes were touched.
          I’m sure they should be able to get the weights of both vehicles very close in the investigation.

After 3 weeks still no name of the driver from Calgary??.........
          Don’t think the actual name matters , it’s obvious what happened and what inexperienced driver was involved.
          Strange .... the obvious things are murky, and the murky things are claimed as obvious. Strange new Canada 🇨🇦.

Comment

Scarey new Canada and US, maybe whole western world. What happened to free press and accountable justice? How can someone kill so many young lives, no a peep out of him and not be charged 3 1/2 weeks later? How do you think the grieving families feel? (Looking for emoticon holding its nose.) How can this be?

Comment

I don't think the people investigating themselves should be questioned. I am confident they will Come to the correct version of what happenned. They take orders from people up above ultimately the ministers office. I don't think anyone here needs physics to tell us what is obvious unless we are missing something huge.

I think there are a multitude of things at play In my opinion.

Some are looking at the driver as being an immigrant not speaking English and asking how did he get a license? In that process aside from the investigation it has become apparent that there is a widespread problem of who has been let on the road given the opportunity and legal right to drive. Which has become apparent that deregulation and an industry self monitoring has proven to not work in the worst possible way to prove it.
              Which ultimately reveals that not only the driver bares responsibility but those that allowed this massive situation to be happenning. And it is happenning literally
              Hundreds of stories of incompetent drivers not just foreigners being behind the wheel.

What was almost pathetic was our government before the investigation is done reveal that gee we think now that maybe someone should be trained for minimum amount of hours before they get the privilege of driving legally. That maybe someone behind he wheel of a unit thousands of pounds in weight that takes more than a quarter mile to stop unloaded on a good condition day should maybe have some training. Which has revealed another problem even the training system was found in some instances to be corrupt with fake licenses and fake hours of driving on not just a small scale. Truckers with dignity and professionalism themselves are speaking up and have been to deaf ears that there is a problem.

Who in their right mind would think someone with no driving experience for all we know not even a regular vehicle experience be allowed to simply take a half hour driving test with a translator in hand to take the test and think that all those road situations would be a safe one going forward???? Did we need to have 28 or 29 peoples and their families lives be ended or ruined or tortured to figure this out???

This is not only about a foreigners identity being kept secret which is bizarre really, this is about a lot more about how money has influenced our entire system and controls some of the things it should be no part of. But do to politics it is.

Where are all the screamers of deregulation or self regulation is best now???
              Last edited by the big wheel; Apr 28, 2018, 05:32.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                .....I don't think anyone here needs physics to tell us what is obvious unless we are missing something huge.....
                And that's the whole point - it's more important that the correct conclusions are drawn before anybody is charged with anything. What's the rush? plenty of time for justice to take it's course if indeed a criminal offence occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  I don't think the people investigating themselves should be questioned. I am confident they will Come to the correct version of what happenned. They take orders from people up above ultimately the ministers office. I don't think anyone here needs physics to tell us what is obvious unless we are missing something huge.

I think there are a multitude of things at play In my opinion.

Some are looking at the driver as being an immigrant not speaking English and asking how did he get a license? In that process aside from the investigation it has become apparent that there is a widespread problem of who has been let on the road given the opportunity and legal right to drive. Which has become apparent that deregulation and an industry self monitoring has proven to not work in the worst possible way to prove it.
                  Which ultimately reveals that not only the driver bares responsibility but those that allowed this massive situation to be happenning. And it is happenning literally
                  Hundreds of stories of incompetent drivers not just foreigners being behind the wheel.

What was almost pathetic was our government before the investigation is done reveal that gee we think now that maybe someone should be trained for minimum amount of hours before they get the privilege of driving legally. That maybe someone behind he wheel of a unit thousands of pounds in weight that takes more than a quarter mile to stop unloaded on a good condition day should maybe have some training. Which has revealed another problem even the training system was found in some instances to be corrupt with fake licenses and fake hours of driving on not just a small scale. Truckers with dignity and professionalism themselves are speaking up and have been to deaf ears that there is a problem.

Who in their right mind would think someone with no driving experience for all we know not even a regular vehicle experience be allowed to simply take a half hour driving test with a translator in hand to take the test and think that all those road situations would be a safe one going forward???? Did we need to have 28 or 29 peoples and their families lives be ended or ruined or tortured to figure this out???

This is not only about a foreigners identity being kept secret which is bizarre really, this is about a lot more about how money has influenced our entire system and controls some of the things it should be no part of. But do to politics it is.

Where are all the screamers of deregulation or self regulation is best now???
                  Unfortunately requiring training in Ontario has meant “driving schools” in Brampton where if you don’t have the right ancestry you’ll be put on a waiting list forever, you graduate as soon as the cheque clears, and a van load of “graduates” drive 2 hours to a small town testing office where they intimidate the staff, the instructor changes disguises between each test and becomes a different student, and nobody in the ministry at any level will make a stand because they’ve been told from the top that they have to be “inclusive”

Comment

Mandatory training for semi drivers is coming. How fast governments move on this issue will depend on how much push back there is from industry. This will add costs and red tape to farmers as well who will need to train staff and themselves.

Considering how dangerous farming is, perhaps we need to consider mandatory safety training for farm workers and owners too. While safety has improved on many farms with better equipment and attitudes we still have a long way to go.

Had to do some bin sampling yesterday. I used to do it without a safety harness. But I have heard of a few guys who have fallen and died or had spinal cord injuries from falls off bins. All it takes is a small slip or feeling faint and your days of farming are over.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Don’t think the actual name matters , it’s obvious what happened and what inexperienced driver was involved.
                      Strange .... the obvious things are murky, and the murky things are claimed as obvious. Strange new Canada 🇨🇦.
                      Excellent observation furrow. I don’t totally understand it. It’s like some kind of weird deflection from reality. Going forward, a person will have to be on guard for truth/reality vs. media manipulation.

Comment

There could be a few people charged with this situation. But let's get justice rolling with the driver..
                        It will take yrs no dought.
                        Remember the trucker that killed those kids at Spalding?
                        Was it 2 yrs before he got sentenced?
                        In some cases the old west with the rope and nearest tree was not so bad.

Comment

The words "we" and "mandatory" for me are flag words, chuck.

My guess is people on the road professionally have seen a lot of shady stuff evolve over the last 20 years.
                          Not to mention certain groups deal in mostly cash when they can. Think about that before taxpayers are involved in helping them.

$10 or $15k in training or graduated classes of license involving areas, weights, and distances are good ideas.

Spending thousands on "training" before I hire someone seasonally who might only earn <$10k, NO.

One is career training paid by the student, taxpayer, or longer term employer.
                          The other is further expense for a small business that adds little value.
                          Legislation might encourage common sense but cant enforce or create it.

Making it legally my fault if a 56 year old career tradesman does not use the safety glasses on the bench
                          (I've seen it everyday) doesnt change anything but my own risk.

No one approaches safety maliciously.
                          But no one who has worked in any blue collar industry these last years would say those processes should be carbon copied for a farm.
                          That is unless, they don't own one......

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Mandatory training for semi drivers is coming. How fast governments move on this issue will depend on how much push back there is from industry. This will add costs and red tape to farmers as well who will need to train staff and themselves.

Considering how dangerous farming is, perhaps we need to consider mandatory safety training for farm workers and owners too. While safety has improved on many farms with better equipment and attitudes we still have a long way to go.

Had to do some bin sampling yesterday. I used to do it without a safety harness. But I have heard of a few guys who have fallen and died or had spinal cord injuries from falls off bins. All it takes is a small slip or feeling faint and your days of farming are over.
                            Well isn't that something - you need mandatory training to know what a "STOP" sign means!

Well maybe, if it meant that you need to know English...

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                              Well isn't that something - you need mandatory training to know what a "STOP" sign means!

Well maybe, if it meant that you need to know English...
                              NO KIDDING, 110 hours training to know understand and follow road signs?????? Would have NOT made a difference in this situation! An unbelievable lack of judgement, reckless behavior, MURDERER.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...