• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRS Declassification Continues! Who else thinks this is a big game.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180423_085858.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	766411

Here is screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
      [ATTACH]2856[/ATTACH]

Here is screenshot
      Where do they collect data from? Seed sales reports, Producer declarations/reporting or actual scientific testing?

Comment

There isn't an elevator in western canada that can segregate all the new classes and there isn't many at the elevator that can tell the difference.

Its very stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          There isn't an elevator in western canada that can segregate all the new classes and there isn't many at the elevator that can tell the difference.

Its very stupid.
          Totally agree. Even with KVD most elevator personnel aren't trained enough to ID classes. CGC inspectors used to have to be able to identify classes and do and pass yearly variety exams. Most CNHR will be blended off into CWRS up to and beyond WOOC in each grade as it is shipped. But farmers hold liability based on the sample the elevator takes retains and are the only ones that have access to.

Do you trust your elevator to make sure there is no cross contamination or tamper with samples if problem ever come up and they may lose their job?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
            Where do they collect data from? Seed sales reports, Producer declarations/reporting or actual scientific testing?
            Insured Acres

Comment

They should be working towards north american standards that would help improve logistics...

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                These varieties likely make up a small percentage of the total wheat acres seeded. There are so many varieties to choose from, designating a few off the red wheat list to me is not a big deal. New varieties have better traits than these, so moving them out when no one is growing them is not a big deal, at least to me.
                Gluten is a huge thing now and if these varieties are low better punt them.
                Gluten is indeed a big thing now... Perhaps we should be growing these recently and soon be be deregistered varieties and market them as "Low Gluten", or "Reduced Gluten". Makes me think of the O-Jays song... Money, Money, Money, Money.... MONEY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  This is a big thing as farmers get ready to plant the 2018 crop some might not even realize that varieties they have and will seed are basically in the eyes of industry shit come fall of 2018.

Then at the elevator, you sign that you know in your heart that you have top-notch varieties till they test and then read the fine print you have shit you damaged a whole silo or even a boat and your screwed bye bye farm.

Ah, what a game all in the name of taking more cash from cash-strapped farmers.

Wow, what a game.

[ATTACH]2855[/ATTACH]
                  If someone had made it this far getting ready for spring and doesn't realize they're seeding a variety that is moving to a new class in August, they should quit farming cause they're not paying attention. This has been in the Western Producer MULITPLE times for over a year, spoke about at numerous producer meetings and every grain buyer I've spoken to in the last year has brought it up in conversation.

I don't feel like they're doing this to screw farmers. They're fixing something that should have need done years ago, but the CWB was too effin useless to do it!

Comment

Why are some of these varieties released to begin with ?
                    Same as certain pea varieties, but I guess plant breeders need to make their fortunes .

Comment

Red water is brand new and this is the first I have heard of the change of class. Kind of a piss off when u spend the money to try a new variety and they **** u over. Decent wheat very early maturity but they once again found a way to get us to spend more money on another new variety that they will probably reclassify next year. Unfortunately like SF3 says the wheat seed business is headed in the same direction as canola seed business.

Comment

[QUOTE=FarmJunkie;377289]Red water is brand new and this is the first I have heard of the change of class. Kind of a piss off when u spend the money to try a new variety and they **** u over. Decent wheat very early maturity but they once again found a way to get us to spend more money on another new variety that they will probably reclassify next year. Unfortunately like SF3 says the wheat seed business is headed in the same direction as canola seed business.[/QUOT
                        so one needs to ask how the f$&k it got registered when unity , etc were being declassified for the same reason 3 years ago . maybe some of these pricks need a class action lawsuit laid on them after they soaked you for probably $15-17 /bu when they knew the gluten was nfg. ??? where in the f&$k is the govt agency when this shit is going on ? yea they really give a flying f$&k about the farmers

Comment

They also said they are closely reviewing AC Brandon wheat. Sounds like it is going to fail also.

Comment

i say move everything to cnhr and we will grow highest yielding varieties at american quality and we will get paid the same $$ we do for cwrs right now

Comment

I have a question. On Aug 1st 2018 there is 29 classes, most of which were CWRS will become CNHR. What happens to all the wheat in store in the elevators and terminals that was bought as CWRS and comingled. It should be all down graded to feed wheat. Because it is all blended and anything over 7.5 wheat of other classes in 3 CWRS becomes feed.

Who is going to take the hit on that?

Comment

If gluten is such a big thing, why is the CWES class such a dead duck?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...