• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claymore feed barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claymore feed barley

Anyone have any experience growing this feed barley ? Looking at growing some , can't find any austinson?

Is it Canmore you are refering too? Never heard of Claymore barley but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Seen some nice canmore two years ago but have not grown it myself. Biggest thing to ask about with barley is how it stands up to excessively wet as barley doesn't like wet feet. Saw barley that was a foot high and yielding next to zero under wet conditions last year. Know of some Austenson but in SE Alberta but back haul could work if you PM me.
    Last edited by ajl; Apr 19, 2018, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Is it Canmore you are refering too? Never heard of Claymore barley but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Seen some nice canmore two years ago but have not grown it myself. Biggest thing to ask about with barley is how it stands up to excessively wet as barley doesn't like wet feet. Saw barley that was a foot high and yielding next to zero under wet conditions last year. Know of some Austenson but in SE Alberta but back haul could work if you PM me.
      Great question, I've yet to find a variety that likes wet feet any better than any others. Have you found something that will tolerate saturated ground better?

Comment

Did you find any Claymore? Heard it was sold out..Its sold by CPS..

Comment

Going to be hard to find feed barley. Seed is being gobbled up due to the lateness. Champion is a great high yielding variety. Grew it in 12, 115 bu, that was hauled out yield. Weighed 57 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            Did you find any Claymore? Heard it was sold out..Its sold by CPS..
            yea we did get some

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
              Going to be hard to find feed barley. Seed is being gobbled up due to the lateness. Champion is a great high yielding variety. Grew it in 12, 115 bu, that was hauled out yield. Weighed 57 lbs!
              they said this claymore is an. improved champion

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.