• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar activity crashes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact is 34 years of warmer does not make a trend. The earth has been here billions of years. How the hell do we know what normal is. The Arctic has been warmer in previous centuries so who’s to say if it is warming again that that isn’t normal. Why shud we pay for something that is going to do it on its own. Hell if I controlled the temp it would be sunny and 75 all the time. The sun is the boss and we go as it does. Common sense? Not in this lifetime it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
      Sheepwheat, the Artic is a big place. In fact Alert, where it was -29C the day you checked when it was reported there was water at the north pole, is actually 817 km from the pole. I think you are smart enough to know that temperatures and weather can be significantly different over 817 km. I have no idea what day that minus 29 was but tell me, was that above or below normal for Alert that day? That is the important question.

I can tell you that on February 25, 18 when it was 6.1C at the Cape Morris Jesup weather station in northern Greenland, it was much hotter than the normal -30C for that day. So for you to call reports that the Artic was not warmer than normal because temperatures for the stations you checked were cold is hilarious!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/freak-warm-arctic-weather-is-unusual-but-getting-less-so/96891/ https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/freak-warm-arctic-weather-is-unusual-but-getting-less-so/96891/
      The map I saw last week. Those towns I checked, were within the red hot area labelled on the map. Yet they were around normal to a bit below. I find that interesting. Yes, the arctic is a big place. With very few reporting data stations.

Just try it out in the future. I recommend daily, because it gives one a perspective over time, not a one time thing.

Regarding facts. The stories I mentioned about the alps and the potholes are true. They reported on them as I stated. And now the opposite has happened. And they still claim climate change, which is the convenient change of wording they used when global warming failed. Climate change covers it all.

Btw, did you see McKenna questioned in committee about how much a 50 buck carbon tax will lower emmissions! You should take a gander, because she has no clue. It actually made me sad at the dense people running the nation. What a group of people kind. Just 😲

Comment

Exactly Sheep! Change the wording so the warming headline can’t be turned around on them. Agenda, agenda, agenda. Al Gore figured out how he could make money off this all the while not giving a shit how much jet fuel he burned or how much gas his BMW choked down.

Comment

If nothing else, you have to admire the tenacity of the global warming adherents on here. To pick a day like today to try to sell the concept of cold equals good warm equals bad to a group of disgruntled farmers playing in the mud and snow When they should be In the field or getting ready for it. If they successfully make any converts to their religion today, they should be inducted into the salesman hall of fame. And perhaps move onto a career of selling refrigerators to Eskimos. After all they will need them soon with all of this global warming.

You earned my respect, you didn't choose the easy route.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            FIRST, which politician will finally GROW a BRAIN and slam all this as BS, lies conspiracy.
            That would be the ONLY good thing about a year/years with out summer. Unfortunately we all go broke...dead
            ummm.....one did .... everyone calls him an idiot

Comment

yes dml and sometime in the next year 2017 winter will have been one of the warmest on record . its all horseshit , great big ugly stinking, steaming piles of horseshit. but enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                ....After all they will need them soon with all of this global warming.

You earned my respect, you didn't choose the easy route.
                AlbertaFarmer5, you really disappointed me. From previous conversations you have come across as a smart guy and when I saw you replied I figured you would provide a credible response to my questions as to why, if our current cold weather this winter and spring has been the results of fewer sunspots and therefore less solar radiation, has temperatures in the Artic this winter been at record levels and sea ice at the second lowest amount ever recorded; especially when the sun does not even shine there most of the winter?

This is an important question because climatologists have long predicted more weather volatility and weather extremes and a change in the Artic Oscillation due to global warming. Is it possible our cold spring is a result of a warmer Artic? If this is the case I am not sureany farmer will think global warming will be good for prairie farmers as some have claimed it will be. I know I do not ever want another cold spring like this.

Comment

Anyone ever notice that head over heals belief in the global warming, or the questioning of same, is somehow tied to intelligence? If that is true, who would you rather be on the same side as? Trudeau? Really? Cuz, um, memo, he is dumb. And he fell for it hook line and sinker.

Insulting ones intelligence over this issue is rich. The easily swayed non researchers believe the global warming is fact. The people with open minds, research minds, and a wary general disposition, question it. And we are the ones with low intelligence? Lol.

Btw. It is ar C tic. Not Artic.
                  Last edited by Sheepwheat; Apr 12, 2018, 17:10.

Comment

dmlfarmer.
                    Here are some definitive words. You, climate alarmists deserve the same blow back you foist on those who don't accept your fears. It works you up when someone states its getting colder.

Don't tell me what I have to believe. I don't need to change, unlike some who have a dress code, and a climate model for every country they visit. My local climate has suited me just fine, I will survive its future, and I don't believe it needs forced change just because yours is beginning to suck. I suggest you adapt, if you actually believe yours is out of balance.

"may in fact be further proof", "might" is not very definitive of you. If it is your belief, please start using definitive words.

Sorry, but jet streams move around all the time. Sometimes we are on the receiving end of that shift and receive South Dakota warm, wet summer weather, sometimes it's a blast from an 800 miles north shift that is a dry cold. Growing season is really the only the season that counts for this farmer. Look to your comments on Alberta climate records. My reading says there are far more positives from that list than negatives.

Again, sorry, but it is not an important question comparing past normal daily winter temperatures in the Arctic with ones that can't match that normal today when you are discussing sea ice. Frozen stiff is frozen stiff.

Comment

AlbertaFarmer5, you really disappointed me. From previous conversations you have come across as a smart guy and when I saw you replied I figured you would provide a credible response to my questions as to why, if our current cold weather this winter and spring has been the results of fewer sunspots and therefore less solar radiation, has temperatures in the Artic this winter been at record levels and sea ice at the second lowest amount ever recorded; especially when the sun does not even shine there most of the winter?

This is an important question because climatologists have long predicted more weather volatility and weather extremes and a change in the Artic Oscillation due to global warming. Is it possible our cold spring is a result of a warmer Artic? If this is the case I am not sureany farmer will think global warming will be good for prairie farmers as some have claimed it will be. I know I do not ever want another cold spring like this.
                      The magnetic field of Earth has been acting extremely odd. Human caused too I guess, lol. The most enslaved are the people that do not know it.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Apr 12, 2018, 19:47.

Comment

Dmlfarmer, Sorry I don't have time to research the facts required to refute your claims today. Busy calving cows In less than ideal conditions, Preparing machinery for a cold wet late seeding. I realize that for most of you this debate is purely academic, But for me, End of this farm, Getting this one right or wrong is the difference between a viable operation and A bunch of worthless dirt. Which is why I take it so seriously and research both sides of the debate. Still hoping for the best and planning for the worst. I know it bothers you guys a lot that someone can look at all of the evidence and come to a different conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Dmlfarmer, Sorry I don't have time to research the facts required to refute your claims today. Busy calving cows In less than ideal conditions, Preparing machinery for a cold wet late seeding. I realize that for most of you this debate is purely academic, But for me, End of this farm, Getting this one right or wrong is the difference between a viable operation and A bunch of worthless dirt. Which is why I take it so seriously and research both sides of the debate. Still hoping for the best and planning for the worst. I know it bothers you guys a lot that someone can look at all of the evidence and come to a different conclusion
                          AlbertaFarmer5, I believe in science. I believe the earth is more than 6000 years old, that the earth is round, that the GMO crops we grow and foods from them are safe, the risks of disease far outweigh the risks of vaccines, and nature evolves; because the best science we have confirm these. Yet there are still deniers to every one of these principles. And most scientists believe humans are partly responsible for warming of the planet. I will not claim it is 97% of scientists; that number was based on a single study. But I have seen 8 studies and they all conclude with 80% or more of peer reviewed studies supporting global warming. Who am I to argue with such odds?

I am willing to look at evidence from both sides and question both sides. I will ask questions of either side if I do not understand as I did on this tread asking why is the Artic warmer this winter if a lack of sun spots and solar radiation is the reason we are colder here. But the only responses I have gotten are that global warming is fake news and insults.

I believe we are going to have to adapt to a changing climate and I agree with you that if we get it wrong, either way, it will be a disaster. Now I do not know to what extent man is responsible and I don't even think there is a consensus by scientists on the extent of human caused climate change, but I do know what politicians and society thinks and it does not play well for farmers in Canada. Yet instead of making a case of minimizing the costs to be imposed on us, most farmers instead simply deny global warming. Every cold and snowy day they make jokes about how global warming is working and ridicule everyone who supports it. What a great way to make your case against the people with the power to impose taxes and costs on us. And most farmers base their fake news global warming claims on nothing more than NIMBY, conspiracies, and unproven theories.

I don't want carbon taxes anymore than you but I know the "piss on you" attitude is not going to win over any global warming supporters and until farmers start supporting their position with real science instead of opinion, Canadian farmers are going to lose big time.

Comment

Sheepwheat, the Artic is a big place. In fact Alert, where it was -29C the day you checked when it was reported there was water at the north pole, is actually 817 km from the pole. I think you are smart enough to know that temperatures and weather can be significantly different over 817 km. I have no idea what day that minus 29 was but tell me, was that above or below normal for Alert that day? That is the important question.

I can tell you that on February 25, 18 when it was 6.1C at the Cape Morris Jesup weather station in northern Greenland, it was much hotter than the normal -30C for that day. So for you to call reports that the Artic was not warmer than normal because temperatures for the stations you checked were cold is hilarious!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/freak-warm-arctic-weather-is-unusual-but-getting-less-so/96891/ https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/freak-warm-arctic-weather-is-unusual-but-getting-less-so/96891/
                            Well well, that must have been the similar temp in the 1100's that very few humans caused with NO F*CKING fossil fuels burned! All BS BS BS BS BS BS .....

Comment

AlbertaFarmer5, I believe in science. I believe the earth is more than 6000 years old, that the earth is round, that the GMO crops we grow and foods from them are safe, the risks of disease far outweigh the risks of vaccines, and nature evolves; because the best science we have confirm these. Yet there are still deniers to every one of these principles. And most scientists believe humans are partly responsible for warming of the planet. I will not claim it is 97% of scientists; that number was based on a single study. But I have seen 8 studies and they all conclude with 80% or more of peer reviewed studies supporting global warming. Who am I to argue with such odds?

I am willing to look at evidence from both sides and question both sides. I will ask questions of either side if I do not understand as I did on this tread asking why is the Artic warmer this winter if a lack of sun spots and solar radiation is the reason we are colder here. But the only responses I have gotten are that global warming is fake news and insults.

I believe we are going to have to adapt to a changing climate and I agree with you that if we get it wrong, either way, it will be a disaster. Now I do not know to what extent man is responsible and I don't even think there is a consensus by scientists on the extent of human caused climate change, but I do know what politicians and society thinks and it does not play well for farmers in Canada. Yet instead of making a case of minimizing the costs to be imposed on us, most farmers instead simply deny global warming. Every cold and snowy day they make jokes about how global warming is working and ridicule everyone who supports it. What a great way to make your case against the people with the power to impose taxes and costs on us. And most farmers base their fake news global warming claims on nothing more than NIMBY, conspiracies, and unproven theories.

I don't want carbon taxes anymore than you but I know the "piss on you" attitude is not going to win over any global warming supporters and until farmers start supporting their position with real science instead of opinion, Canadian farmers are going to lose big time.
                              Data tampering/fraud has been found time and time again when the temperature data did not fit the global warming narrative. If a scientist questions the mainstream warming narrative they often get labelled a lunatic and find themselves out of work. So for 20% of scientists willing to risk their livelihood and reputation and go against the grain says alot. Hell 99.99% of scientists once agreed the earth was flat.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. Mark Twain
                              Last edited by biglentil; Apr 13, 2018, 08:15.

Comment

Dmlfarmer, I'm on my phone but I have a spare minute so I will try to give the CliffsNotes version. No time for references or fact checking So feel free to do your own research and prove me wrong if possible.

As the warmists keep telling us, the ocean is a giant heat sink, Water takes a lot of energy to heat or cool, Which is why ocean temperature lags Atmospheric temperatures especially Over land by decades. So those of us in the middle of a continent will Detect a measurable change long before The oceans do. If you look up the predominant ocean currents which bring warm tropical water to the North Atlantic, And the amount of heat energy they move To the northern latitudes, And the time scales they function on, You would probably come to the conclusion that temperatures around the Arctic Which just so happens to be almost all ocean, To be partially out of phase with sun cycles.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...