• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-04-09-humboldt-broncos.jpg;w=630.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	777955
    Humboldt Strong.

It's so so sad of an accident that has captured our attention all week since it happened. The trainer passed last night. My deepest sympathies to all the families and all who are connected.
    It's time to heal.

But one thing that's positive out of this tragedy is how people in this country are coming together and lots of issues are being discussed. Lots of positives are happening. Third largest amount of money raised on Gofundme for this cause. It's just amazing.

But one of the saddest points is a useless Liberal working for a magazine down East making comments about gender and white privilege etc. CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK YOU USELess TW##. This is what makes my blood boil stupid people running and spewing crap.

I just wish every week our Weak Leader will not do something stupid. I actually would love to give him praise one week for finally doing a great job but again JT hits his high mark, Maybe that's the problem he is always high or too many brain cells were damaged as a youth. I don't know but here this week we go again.

We live in a once great country, It was a place I was proud to be from at least Saskatchewan. We have more resources than most other countries, We have a huge clean land mass. We have two beautiful coasts one on the Atlantic and One on the Pacific ocean. Yea we are cold in Winter but awsome Summers and we have the third largest oil reserve in the world.

Well, fairy dust and all things sugar and spice are nice. Hell gender equality in Cabinet is also great, If people your putting in important jobs are qualified. Bus drivers running huge departments.

It has been discussing how they, on one hand, want this fantasy that Canada is the new home of clean energy yet ship upon ship arrive in Canada with oil from Countries that don't give a rats ass about gender equality or anything the liberals are pushing on us. Our own people and companies cant do business in Canada because of the rules created by the liberals.

So in the last year, some 80 Billion of investment has taken its money and walked away on Canada and that's what really pisses me off. Money that would create wealth for taxes to be paid to governments so they can put in useless programs to appeal to their followers.

But when you can the money-making part of your resources guess what it all fails.

Now boy wonder is on a tour to Peru to bring in more Immigrants and trade. What is he dressing as a Lama?

It's disgusting how the crybaby can cry at the drop of a hat if scripted but a real tragedy like happened in Humbolt and he looks like a complete retard.

Enough said my blood boils. The Liberals are destroying Canada and they have no plan, playbook or idea how to get us back. Think about an 80 Billion in investment gone will it be back maybe but it could be 10 or so more years with all the deficits were running as a country will be or are we now moving to a third world country. Just saying something isn't working.

Sask had its budget and the only thing I screwed up on is buying my son a truck before the deadline as it will now cost me some extra cash for the pst part. Its a deficit with a plan to get us back right side. I'll give it a 7 out of 10 for trying. They are putting passing lanes so when I go to the lake it will be a little nicer safer drive.

Snow snow and winter won't go. Yesterday it snowed all day and then a mist, one thing is for certain the last month of storms the path has changed from before maybe were back to normal weather it sure looks like it but seeding won't begin till about the 7th of May as we still have issues with lots of snow and more coming next Tuesday.

Name:	IMG_6336.JPG
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	777952

Not yet Kenny

Name:	CILPAQC1ScCRvErn6sP1fQ.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	777953

So Trump is playing the hard hand with trade and I feel Canada with its weak PM and Gov will get left behind in the dust. Nothing we can really do thill they realize whats going on and try to correct it before our country sinks.

Auction sales are happening all over this spring and cash is in short supply, Yet new BTOs keep driving land rent up and up and up. Good for you guys I'm glad your banks are telling you to get big or go bust. KEep growing yea that's the way, rented land all the way. It's sad but maybe its a year to just sit back and watch the Big show because I personally feel we're in for one heck of a year.

HAve a great week, say a prayer for Humbolt and hell even maybe our Leaders because they need some guidance also.

What kind of a year do you think we are setting up for SF3?

Comment

Well, that is the million dollar question. If I had a crystal ball I probably could answer that better but here is my gut version.

The solar flare activity I think is related to our climate as the above post says it could be a year where we have snow on and off all the way till June and then in Sept or August its over for the year. Its reality its happened before and it will happen again.

But the farming question is the one that I'm interested in. Maybe yes you will hear it first I am counting my lucky stars that I never got to play in the big leagues and have the best 15 years farming has ever seen. As most know we lost acres had floods got hail etc. If I would have been like most probably, hell yea I would have bought the more fancy thing, purchased more land and actually believed that it would never end. But when you are handed a different plan you adjust and work with what you have been given. Yes, I bitched and moaned but kept my sanity and struggled through the Mud years.

Now it was hilarious how last year the big guy upstairs finally stopped the rain and the plants that we work so hard to grow actually used up a hell of a lot of the excess moisture and we grew a very decent crop. It was awesome peas that stood up all year who knew. WHeat that didn't lodge and Canola that didn't look like a sick dying plant. Getting stuck what is that.

So here we are in 2018 and why the above statement, Look at the big picture the world is moving on and Canada isn't getting whats happening. We have a rail system that is proud of 1928 bridges still being used. Now China and other places build train systems through mountains, not around seaports are springing up all over the place and yet we cant get our shit together. Russia and South America will take over and Canada will be a supplier of the last minute or if one of the other two places have some disaster a price bounce.

I blame this on our Leadership with Trudeau and Hell Harper dropped the ball on this one area also. Maybe Canada dropped the ball when the gov gave the railways up. But when your product cant get moved out and the one who has to pay is always the farmer something has to give.

This now takes us back to farmers who only knew the good time of the last 15 or so years new guys who are so full of piss and vinegar that it's scary. These were supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow to take over from us that are getting older.

But if you only know good times how do you react to bad.

We had to it took a few years to adjust but it wasn't easy. Hell, a Billionaire couldn't make it in our area let along a few numbered companies the Chinese etc.

So here is what I see happening, if you're paying a 100 an acre rent good on you I hope you have a great crop to cover your costs.

Reality is banks are hinting to farmers that they need to get bigger to keep the party going. So rent more spend more seed more harvest more and guess what break even or lose as little as possible.

Farming has never been a cakewalk in Canada but things are going on all over that making it look like maybe a new adjustment in Ag in Rural Canada is coming.

But to increase the farm to keep all the shiny new equipment and the lifestyle you think you have is kind of hilarious. Work harder to make less. Wow, that's a slogan.

Anyway, we will grow a crop watch our costs and if it makes it good and if-if freezes and it a very bad year we adjust and keep going.

If your a betting man sooner or later mother nature gives us one F#$K of a year.

Maybe it will be next.

Have a great day enjoy the no sun and snow event of today.

Comment

SF3 of you start seeding my May 7 with the snow you have in that pic I will be going in a wk.
        Talked with a guy from Foam Lake he hopes to be rolling by May 20. Typically we are going end of Apr, won’t be this year. It’s been a text book melt for us, nice and slow. We now have moisture to get the crop germinated but will need buckets later. Hoping for an inch of rain before we start seeding. Hope the fogs are at least half right, middle of June could get wet, let’s hope so.

Comment

Snowbanks on the roof of the house yet and we'll be seeding by May 7? I think you meant May 17 or maybe 27? The 14 day forecast is below average right through.

Comment

Well our forecast did a cool down this am. May 10? Hope so but wow.
            Solar minimum period? Gee who knew??? Haha.
            No changes to plans yet. Maybe rent another tractor for a bit.
            Worrying point a couple weeks away.
            Politics. Don't like negative waves but.
            Majorities voted in both Trudeaus and the NDP.
            We are headed towards some European or South American type future.
            Like I said before, Trust Fund Trudeaus, Suzuki and greenpeace wont be paying any consequences.
            I'll live off Chuck and grasses 75% tax rates.

Comment

I went out along a tree line on snowshoes yesterday and its really neat to walk along the tops of the trees about 10 or 12 feet off the ground. I tried to take pictures with my cell but everything is white and blends together so pics don't show much. Everything is just so white its going to take a long time melt.

Comment

Yes, I agree with yesterdays snow and wet snow and rain I think it will be later than the 7th but you guys like me to be positive once in a while.

On Politics, I gave boy wonder his chance and the liberals the chance but it's their show now were over two years into their mandate and you have to start taking responsibility for your actions. I'm just pointing out you cant have Climate change scary stuff and carbon tax and hope investors come walking in and hand money out. You cant cater to the environmentalists and protestors and hope to build pipelines

You either have to shit or get off the pot.

Our dude smoking a big fat one doesn't get that.

Hopefully, he will someday, till then we all suffer because after he is done he will move on to a better place and we will be all left to deal with his shit.

Sad really but that's a democracy sometimes we choose excellently and sometimes we F#$K Up.

We F#$K3d UP.

Name:	30688535_828165404035546_1478761075418595328_n.jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	766383
                Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Apr 12, 2018, 09:37.

Comment

saskfarmer3, I could see you planting May 7th, if the forecast was for plus mid teens and clear for the next 3 weeks. But with the two week temp forecast where it is and if we happened to have a spell of cold rain/snow in there, I'd say May 27th would be closer to reality.
                  Frost is deep this spring.

Comment

Agree hoping for any seeding at all before May 31...June 7 last SCI day for canola.

Comment

Guaranteed sf will be way too wet or dry and have no crop until the combine says it's another bumper. Lol

Comment

Like I said before I'm trying to be optimistic about the seeding date but yes the forecast sucks. But anyone on the NE side has been here before so when the sun shines you work like an idiot and hope you can keep all the system running smooth and get it all seeded in two weeks period. HAHAHA like that ever happens but you will try until about the 5th of June is where I start to get sick of the whole thing. latest I seeded a crop for a neighbour was June 20th and it was oats.

So maybe that's why the bin of seed oats is sitting cleaned ready to go. Barley oats and get the canola in and hope it doesn't freeze.

We had #1 HRS this year will it be #3 or Feed in 2018.

Only the big guy knows and he isn't giving any hints.

It's farming if you had a perfect 15 years good for you but the reality is this is Sask. and it is the toughest place on earth to grow a crop in under a 100 days.

Comment

Yea I can't wait for Grass to tell us how a 1/10 spit in a 120km wind is a rain but he will.

Reality is we grew a crop on all the wet years last year some did really well because they were so wet it wasn't funny and if they got it seeded somehow it produced.

That's it wasnt genetics or direct seeding (it did help) or your crop advisor or equipment or whatever it was just F#$King Luck.

Comment

Name:	30581806_1706034456143986_2297272462104068096_o.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	766385

Yep, two peas in a pod.

Comment

Looking on bright side, cold weather has allowed grain trucks to keep hauling on grid roads, slowed down a bit this week.
                              Think cost to farmers from slow rail movement is overstated.
                              Do not see the wide basis spreads that were present in 2013-14 time period and reported as loss to farmers.
                              Some of the complaining comes from those who think we lost something of value in the wheat board.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...