• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just mean spirited or Are these actions of actual or Wannabe dictators

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure a lot of agriville would like to hear the rest of the story. I keep hoping to hear what you're concerned about, maybe I missed something.

Comment

Well here's your chance to see who "can handle the truth" as was said in that old movie. Remember these links are all to the Official Public Council Meeting Minutes; and as of Aug/11/2017 it became possible to direct any person in the world to those words validated by the very people who are responsible for every word contained in those documents.

There are inumerable issues that might be deemed worthy of exposure outside the Council Chamber. One was an instancethat touched a nerve that made a councillor claim that repeating the council records "Must stop"; "is defamatory" and "will lead to legal proceedings". Comments on that view would be appropriate.

But I will provide a direct link to the grand daddy of all examples of the most conflicts of interest in a little over half an hour of time. Think big...and wonder how one of all the council members couldn't see how they were willing accomplices in a secret totally inappropriate meeting involving multiple gross conflicts of interest.

Here goes

http://enniskillen.allnetmeetings.com/pubs/publicMinutes.aspx?minutesID=FCECA699-1778-4C40-B675-F7772CE4A363

The two sentences above Item 4.7 and continuing through Item 4.8 to where the motion is carried.

The "Easement Agreement(s)"referred to was drawn up by the "lawyer" (and of course solicitor/ client privilege means that advice may never see the light of day)....but the agreement surely was going to see lightare meant. By law all agreements are meant to be made available to any interested party as soon as they have been presented to council. But only if someone ensures it does indeed happen.

Well that battle was "won" after months of stonewalling; passage of council resolutions to "err on the side of caution" and a resolution 2017-458 that"the easement is not to be released to the public".

Each dear reader knows where to look and now knows how do it. At the end you also should not be able to say "this is fake news"

Item 6.4 of the 16/11/2017 minutes addresses your interest in further information.. I assure you that the administrator was doing what was required when the release of that document did occur a few months ago. You point out the resolution or directive; as I can't readily find it just now.

The motion to "place the Council minutes (effective Aug 11/2017)on the Enniskillen No.3 website); came about due to outside advice/pressure and hopefully 30 some years of lobbying for that simple accountability measure was also involved.

Well maybe not all the minutes; because its pretty evident the financial statements and cheques to Follow the Money are still missing from the adopted minutes..

As for the Easement Agreements; I did not give up; and they were eventually provided after most of a years hounding. It would have been so much easier if that which was going to happen; could have happened spontaneously.

Then this issue could have been brought to the ratepayers in a timely manner....without the worry of making an accusation that council wasted 30,000 dollars; and double paid on one easement both the agreed $10.00 full payment; as well as another 200 times that much after the project was completed.

I put this is a separate paragraph. If you look in fall minutes for a delegation that appeared before council; you will find that person's recommendation "That all 30,000 some dollars be paid back" That's in the minutes; but I assure everyone that council had zero intention of recollecting those inappropriate expenditures.

And finally now that council sees fit to break certain legal binding agreements; just what should stop ratepayers billing for payments never expected or received for materials used in rebuilding roads past their property in years past. Stay tuned for potential recommendations from jurisdictions such as the Ombudsman's office; nothing ca be done at the loacal level it seems.

And if this doesn't get some sort of outrage from a lot more people...just remember that Trump only needs to brainwash and dumb down another 10% and he might well be dictator for life. And so might your local RM politicians

At least Please "No Standing Ovations" at the Gormley evening. Somebody might get sick after a "perfectly good evening"

Comment

I'll take "C" for "wannabe dictators".

The Office of Ombudsman here in Ontario takes these matters very seriously, I've found.

It only takes one phone call...

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
          I'll take "C" for "wannabe dictators".

The Office of Ombudsman here in Ontario takes these matters very seriously, I've found.

It only takes one phone call...
          I'm assured its at the stage of "consolidation with similar complaints" and "timelines for the investigative stage were being developed as of approx. 3 weeks ago"

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
            I'm assured its at the stage of "consolidation with similar complaints" and "timelines for the investigative stage were being developed as of approx. 3 weeks ago"
            And that all requested information had been received.

Comment

What the Hell

Might as well make it known what the benefits are for part time work for every council committee member. Of course its real tricky to get such an appointment as you have to get past the lineup of former reeves and councillors etc. And remember committee members aren't necessarily council members so its an easy way to get some serious medical coverage for "free"

Resolution No: 2018-0110 Shane Boyes

That we acknowledge the Policy change for 21) Council Benefits in the Policy Manual.

SARM Health & Dental Plan
              SARM health and dental coverage is available to members of Council at the same level as employees. All Council members, as long as they are a member on Council or are appointed to a Municipal committee as per Committee and Appointments Policy, are members of the Group Medical and Dental, paid by the R.M. of Enniskillen through the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities.

Carried

Is this common practice; or it one of the reasons that our Municipal taxes for agricultural land went up a full 68% (across the board) for farm land....last year.....alone.

Comment

Wow. Free, they said...

Comment

I find the fact that health and dental benefits have been extended to your RM's council members interesting. I don't know if that is the case in our RM.

As mentioned before, I consider our taxes cheap. We have some pipelines, pumping stations, a spattering of oil wells and some other commercial enterprises in the RM who's taxes help subsidize the ag land taxes. As for council itself, I really don't have too many complaints, the Reeve is a real good money manager and his opinion and personality carries a lot of weight at the table.

There's even been some turn over of councillors in the last while, actual elections not just acclamations, with voter turnouts as best as can be expected for municipal politics. I'm not sure if a complete change of guard is ever a a good thing, especially if the current bunch is doing a decent job.

In my opinion, ours seems to be functioning quite well.

Comment

Remember that what happens under the SARM umbrella is available to all Sask RM's.

And health, dental (and probably eye ball maintenance and almost certainly drugs) might all be under not only the cheapest plan available; but even better benefits under the chosen most expensive one. Also remember there are some very very expensive drugs that the rest of us don't get subsidized through some one else's payment of the premiums. I haven't checked but the 21) just might be the sum of employees; members at large appointed to committees, staff and councillors. If so that number is approaching 5% of the adult popuation of the RM...and that number is growing rapidly (the 5% but not necessarily the number of taxpayers) for such things as Board Commissioners, Water agency reps, maybe even recreation board directors; maybe development officers etc.etc. Somebody else should start asking these questions because when only a very few people are providing the necessary opposition; it gets to be too large a job; and it is truly a thankless job, the pay is non existant and the recognition is almost always negative. Think about that.

Is the question not simply; what in hell are they looking after; whose pocket does it come from and have those recipients no shame.

Some readers might be asking for more...and trust me there is so much more.

Like:
                    Billing under the quarterly supervision sheets for "1 day dealing with lawyers confirming my defence to right to privacy act, no km" $180.00 PAID

Can you imagine the lawyer bill for a whole day discussion your personal legal concern with a real lawyer. Where's the lawyer's bill for his actual time spent. Now that seems to me to going the step beyond recovering actual costs and taking the opportunity to make some money on your public position. Was what was learned shared with anyone else...or maybe a better question is what exactlywhat was the reason to be seeking legal advice at the ratepayers cost.

Might as well also mention a very recent drive to install cameras in the RM office (no I'm definitely sure that wasn't for the Council chambers) and I'd like to be proven wrong that the intent was not to survail those on the shit list and maybe council employees and their minute to minute movements.

Comment

And every reader (and the world) now has access though those public records of the adopted minutes. Get busy and prove these quotes to yourselves. It's the only way to learn; when you won't believe others.

Anyone not yet surprised?

Comment

I did check our RM's website and our minutes are not posted to their website, although they are obviously ooen to public scrutiny at the office. RECORDED minutes are a bit of a joke, the bare minimum and massaged versions of discussions are probably the only thing written.

You want to see nervous accountability, install an audio and visual recording device in council chambers.

I still say the most effective council would be an adversarial not harmonious relationship between members, not a table of "yesmen". Not agreeing 100% off the time on 100% of the issues but not the opposite either.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation one-off, in my opinion that is out of line on the councils part and outing them on social media will have best response. Make sure your facts are right. Our council was offered the health and dental plan, same as our employees receive and it was only discussed as a plan that would have been paid out of the councillors pocket, not ratepayers. In the end it was turned down. I could be wrong but think it costs close to 2000$ per employee. Our council is definitely not " harmonious " Farma, makes for some long meetings. 3 councillors are semiretired acreage owners. They love raising taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                            Thanks for the explanation one-off, in my opinion that is out of line on the councils part and outing them on social media will have best response. Make sure your facts are right.
                            Nothing truer than "Make sure your facts are right. That's why it seems to me that repeating the adopted council minutes should be the most solid ground you can be on. Public business discussed at meetings open to public seems to me to be prima facia evidence that any expectation of privacy is lost (We'll see when the Tim Probe matter verdict comes down in June. As I understand it; anyone can "record" any conversation with another person as long as one of the parties consents to the "taping". It seem illogical that means in practice that you give yourself permission to tape your utterances and its automatically OK to include the other person(s) involved.

So what does that do to open public sessions of a council meeting. Our municipality passed a resolution some years ago that all electronic devices are forbidden, but their phones go off on occassion and whilst gallery members may respect that rule....what happens in practice...and what would a judge decide.

Other public meetings have been taped (Hell even transcribed ) by council. And no one was aware that was being done. Seems the precedence has been set long ago. Now it an issue because the effective coverups and lack of accountability are important to some of those involved

Thus the status quo of who cares, better to just have as little to do with the policies imposed with zero consultation beforehand or after. Still gives a person a slight chill to think that some (both public and decision makers) feel they have a expectation of privacy; right to secrecy and to be able to threaten messengers into silence on matter brought before open council.

That so few have the gonads to speak up for what is in the public interest does disturb me. It sure sure like the potential number of known bullies and cowards far exceeds those who are brave enough to express opinions

ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO PREVAIL IS TO DO NOTHING....so the saying goes

Another snippet. If you noticed the highway to Saskatoon more congested during the last SARM convention at Saskatoon....part of that traffic originated from our RM where almost everyone took their own vehicle. Perhaps part of the reason is that we reimburse at the rate of 75 cents per kilometer travelled. Now the CRA has determined the maximum rate allowed (without it being considered a taxable benefit is 55 cents/km) So there's now to be a slip (for tax purposes ) to report that generous excess amount as income. I say an example of cheapness and entitlement and picking ratepayer's pocket

Comment

C'mon

I've stuck my neck out a fair bit more than certainly most people would.

If you agree or disagree at least have the courage to weigh in. Is is revulsion to what has been stated, disagreement, lack of courage, apathy; hiding what should be corrected, spinelessness or just cowardice that's holding back the responses.

I'm waiting

Opinions do matter...in fact they are taken as the licence to move forward; entrench or maintain the status quo.

Comment

Fret not one-off, there's been over 1400 views to 28 posts in this thread so far, some people are paying attention. That should be a bit of validation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...