• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great visit with SK Farmer Megzz - Why we need to share agriculture's story.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great visit with SK Farmer Megzz - Why we need to share agriculture's story.

We did a brief video after meeting Saskatchewan's Farmer Megzz at a recent farm show.

Her passionate presentations and social media work are appreciated by many who follow her....some important topics - promoting agriculture's story and farmer mental health...

http://www.Twitter.com/FarmerMegzz www.Twitter.com/FarmerMegzz

She has some great blog posts, I encourage you to read those.

http://dirtsweatntears.com https://dirtsweatntears.com/

Watch her video and let her know what you think.

Thanks,

Joe Dales

Thanks for posting Joe. I follow Farmer Megzz on twitter and always enjoy her tweets and they sometimes get me thinking!

Comment

Not sure what you mean bucket

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
        Not sure what you mean bucket
        Bucket must of pulled his comment

Comment

Cause and effect...

Nothing wrong with positive thinking but deceiving yourself by denying negative facts doesn't change the reality of a situation...just your perception of it.

Suppressing "negative" emotions is NOT healthy.

What is the real purpose of "Ag More than Ever" and who is it meant for?

Never has so many relied on so few....

Who is "advocating" for the primary producer? Because sometimes I don't think anyone is listening to them...

Comment

Yup, it's gone vvalk.

I may have said the same thing but much "wordier"

Comment

farmaholic....

yup i pulled my comment , then listened again and its still just noise.

Those that want to talk.... how about mentioning the carbon tax bullshit or the fact that there is a bill in front of the so called sober second thought senate that won't technically solve the issue with the railways.

And even if it did why is there no regulator of the railways with enforcement authority? Why....because the senate is waiting for their brown paper bags of cash.

So why think these advocates are going to solve the problem if they don't understand it in the first place?

Is that better for those that think this agvocate nonsense funded by growing forward funds or the leeches that live very well off our productivity?
              Last edited by bucket; Mar 17, 2018, 19:09.

Comment

Yup....

Comment

Your welcome....lol.

Comment

In the last month I have been to irrigation meetings where government officials are at....

I am torn on this issue but when guys want a 70 million assets turned over for a looney it just pisses me off. It's a 5000 dollar an acre capital subsidy....plus then they continue to ask for more help....

What's even worse is they grew 3500 acres of 10000 irrigated to lentils....

Must be teaching the Nebraska irrigator how to grow lentils instead of corn...

BTW the government will probably cave in....

Comment

Any other issues an agvocate would like to discuss? ?

Comment

Railroads

"Transparent" open market

Machinery and parts costs

Gutted and inadequate insurance and risk management programs

One sided grain contracts

Hyper inflated land prices that shut out our own young farmers....REAL farmers....agvocate THAT!!!!!

Consolidated uncompetitive industries supplying goods and services to producers

Ad nauseam
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 17, 2018, 19:32.

Comment

The above are all regulatable and controllable..........unlike the weather!

Comment

Why do I think these agvocates will be enjoying the new lifestyle after the RBA...??????

Comment

.....i apologize for dragging down what should have been a positive thread, there was still a good message in the starting post.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...